Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
Hi Guys,
Anyone have any experience with GM TPMS systems circa 2014?
My Malibu lost contact with one of the tires and now can't see any of them. I tried re-programming them but the car refuses to acknowledge the programmer when I hold it against any of the tires. I had it in to C.T. twice and they can't seem to do it either. Should I reset the car by disconnecting the battery? Any ideas appreciated.

You might have to replace the TPMS. The batteries are only good for 5 years or so. I had one go out on a trip south a few years ago. Drove me nuts thinking I had a flat tire all the time...
They did find one bad sensor, but the car has no idea what tire I'm at. It assumes I'm starting where I should at the drivers side front, but it won't respond to any tire. I'm going to try again today, but I believe I even tried one of the summer tires I have and it also didn't work. Yes, we leave the snows on it as it is mostly used in the winter and some rainy days in the summer, once or twice a month. I have a feeling that some module in the car has gone belly up, but I'm no expert on car electronics.

You might have to replace the TPMS. The batteries are only good for 5 years or so. I had one go out on a trip south a few years ago. Drove me nuts thinking I had a flat tire all the time...

San Francisco Thank You GIF by Team Coco

When you're right, You're right!
I had no problems programming the all seasons. Not one of the snows would respond.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread