YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
This might be from way out in left field however ...
Found something interesting about setting/re-calibrating TPMS for C7s
(unsure if this would apply to the other C-Gens and/or other vehicles with TPMS).

Curious if anyone else has found out about the TPMS method below and if it has been tested and actually works?
I won't be able to test it on a C7 myself until next Spring, as I do have a learning tool to resort to if the method turns out to be snake-oil.
When I need to keep myself entertained for a half-hour, I might just have to resolve my curiosity and give this a try on one of my daily drivers.

1. start car - actual engine running - not the Accessory Mode
2. Select the tire pressure display in the DIC.
3. Press and hold the SEL button until the display changes and the horn beeps. It now says it's in learn mode.
4. Now drive (as it says in the manual?) for about 10 min at above 20 kph (12-15mph). (use of a setting tool might not be necessary now)
5. Suddenly, it will find all 4 sensors and pressure will display

6. when you shut the car off , the "learn DIC" will display again and horn beeps to confirm learning is complete.
(note: the sequence for getting into the TPMS learning mode may be different - refer to the specific vehicle manual)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: BDK and turbozig
I am pretty shure the pressure will reset while driving, just not so sure about the position of the sensors. If you replace tires and the front or rear wheel get switch from right to left, I think it will read the pressure but maybe not the right position. I will definitely try this in the spring on my C6.

Reactions: YFCvii
The procedure was the same a couple of years ago, except after you press 'sel' you would add or remove air from each tire starting at the drivers front and rotate clockwise until you add/remove air in the last one. The horn would beep and all was good. Maybe easier ????

Users who are viewing this thread