C6 Alberta
Jun 29, 2019
Calgary
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2013 GS
Province
AB
I need some insight as to what’s up with my tire pressure monitoring sensors. I recently had the sensors replaced because of some random XXX readings on right rear, then all sensors. Now we are in the middle of a mini road trip and both rear sensors went to xxx and eventually returned to a normal reading while driving. Someone mentioned to check the RCDLR module, but not sure how. I did do some research on replacing it but is seems to be a pain and reprogramming is required $$$. Plus the fobs have never been an issue. I going to buy the tpms reprogramming tool and try that as a solution. Anyone else experience something similar or have any helpful advice? Thanks in advance.

I had the same issue on one of my sensors that I replaced. Although they were all OEM Schrader sensors, one had a weak battery and would give me the XXX reading.
I purchased a sensor reset tool, and it would reset, but would fail again. I changed out that sensor for a new one, and no issues since.
People have had issues when they get generic sensors from a tire shop, and have had to get them replaced with OEM ones.
The TPMS reset tool is inexpensive on online stores such as amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B07RQKFF8P

Reactions: Marschall67
I had the same issue on one of my sensors that I replaced. Although they were all OEM Schrader sensors, one had a weak battery and would give me the XXX reading.
I purchased a sensor reset tool, and it would reset, but would fail again. I changed out that sensor for a new one, and no issues since.
People have had issues when they get generic sensors from a tire shop, and have had to get them replaced with OEM ones.
The TPMS reset tool is inexpensive on online stores such as amazon.
Amazon product ASIN B07RQKFF8P
The shop I went to said they replaced them with OEM, I’ll have to check the part number when I get home but I’m going to buy the reset tool as well and see if that will work.

I need some insight as to what’s up with my tire pressure monitoring sensors. I recently had the sensors replaced because of some random XXX readings on right rear, then all sensors. Now we are in the middle of a mini road trip and both rear sensors went to xxx and eventually returned to a normal reading while driving. Someone mentioned to check the RCDLR module, but not sure how. I did do some research on replacing it but is seems to be a pain and reprogramming is required $$$. Plus the fobs have never been an issue. I going to buy the tpms reprogramming tool and try that as a solution. Anyone else experience something similar or have any helpful advice? Thanks in advance.
Sounds to me that the replacements had issues, could they have been old stock, where did you buy them from? How old were the original sensors? Were there no issues before?

Reactions: Dik
Sounds to me that the replacements had issues, could they have been old stock, where did you buy them from? How old were the original sensors? Were there no issues before?
I had a shop install them so I’m going off of what was said and they were supposed to be new OEM replacements. My car is a 2013 GS. I haven’t seen the issue come back but haven’t been on a lengthy trip as of yet. But this weekend I’ll know as I have 3 hr trip planned. I also purchased the reset tool just as a backup plan.

I had a shop install them so I’m going off of what was said and they were supposed to be new OEM replacements. My car is a 2013 GS. I haven’t seen the issue come back but haven’t been on a lengthy trip as of yet. But this weekend I’ll know as I have 3 hr trip planned. I also purchased the reset tool just as a backup plan.
Usually the sensors are problem free for over 10 years so not sure if your sensors were the issue. Hopefully on ur upcoming trip they behave.

My sensors are 14 years old and are still working fine, of course every time I get in
I expect one to fail, but so far so good.
The easiest way to know the difference in OEM and aftermarket sensors is the price your
repair shop charges you!!
Last time I checked GM sensors were $90 each, offshore less than half that.

My sensors are 14 years old and are still working fine, of course every time I get in
I expect one to fail, but so far so good.
The easiest way to know the difference in OEM and aftermarket sensors is the price your
repair shop charges you!!
Last time I checked GM sensors were $90 each, offshore less than half that.
I must have gotten the good stuff because I paid dearly for it. Funny thing is I haven’t had the issue come back yet. So I’ll keep my fingers crossed 🤞🏻 😊

Reactions: Blu427
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread