Has anyone tried these tires on their C7 Z06/ZR1? Just wondering out loud on a possible new wheel/tire purchase.

They have the proper front sizing but for the rear you need to go with a 345/25/20 size. Normally I would think that would bulge a bit on a 12" wide wheel but I'm running 12.5" wide so that should be ok. Not that concerned about the "slightly" larger overall diameter as compared to rear stock sizing.

Has anyone tried these tires on their C7 Z06/ZR1? Just wondering out loud on a possible new wheel/tire purchase.

They have the proper front sizing but for the rear you need to go with a 345/25/20 size. Normally I would think that would bulge a bit on a 12" wide wheel but I'm running 12.5" wide so that should be ok. Not that concerned about the "slightly" larger overall diameter as compared to rear stock sizing.

Have run various Proxes on different cars with great results. Currently running R888R on C7 ZR1. They are noisy, don't have a great wear life, but stick like glue. I will be running them until something better comes out. Also, 325 is maximum width available, but they fit perfectly on factory rims. Another 1/2" rim width should not be a problem. If you want the full racetrack performance, you can't go wrong with them. They are not run flats.

I've seen them and heard lots of good reviews on grip but sizing for our cars suck in that tire. So you are running the 325/30/20 size on the back?

The overall diameter is 2.75cm taller than factory size and that messes up speedo reading considerably (when going with larger/smaller sizing on tires I prefer to keep overall diameter closer to the factory diameter as close as possible).

A 325/30/19 works better for that tire but now need 19" wheels, and on the front no proper size is available only 295/30/19. That might be ok but there's the risk of the tire rubbing on the inner fender liner grills when turning. I know most people run the R888R only on the back for straight line grip and something else on the front unless tracking on the RC then they'll run that tire on all 4 corners.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: 68Rodzilla
I have them on all 4 corners. 295//30/19 front and 325/30/20 rear. Have had no issues with speedo or rubbing on front, even when turning lock to lock, and my car is lowered. Another very good tire is Continental Extreme Contact, which I ran on a 2016 Z06. It's also a summer only, not run flat. The R888R is about as close as you can get to a full race tire that is street legal. I understand that the R888R is also pretty good when wet, but my car has never seen rain. The grip is phenomenal.

The speedo thing is not really an issue but it is a fact that the rear tire size you are running is taller than the OE size and at 60mph your speedo will read 57-58mph (actual is 57.65mph). So every 60 miles you go odometer only racks up 57.65 miles, over a few years that's a lot of mileage not actually registered (good thing for the owner I guess). You would need tuning to compensate for the difference in tire size if you want the speedo to read correctly (not much of an issue with a C7Z but a big deal and expensive as F to tune the ZR ECU just for that and for other big ass engine mods).

As for possible tire rubbing on the front if you don't use the OE sizing that is dependent on actual overall tire diameter/circumference. Two tires with the same tire size from 2 different manufacturers may actually look physically quite different. I know Michelins are quite beefy in how wide they look for a given tire size. Nitto tires are actually a tiny bit smaller in physical size than most other tires with the same sizing, maybe Toyo's are like that too which may be why you don't have an issue on the front. I have heard some people that want to run a wider Michelin tire in the front of a C7 wide body car can have tire rub inside the fender wells.

Don't really care about the speedo. I regularly run over triple digit speeds with my trusty Radenso radar detector, which also displays MPH and reads the same as the speedo. The Radenso runs on GPS. Does the speedo also read from GPS? I've never really checked to actually verify at the higher speeds, but both seem to read the same, and I'm talking about go-to- jail speeds where there should be a noticeable difference in MPH.

I wouldn't know if the speedo on the car reads from GPS, if it is then tire size doesn't matter as you say the radar detector and speedo in your car reads the same speed when you are driving. The only thing is overall effective rear axle ratio will be lower numerically with your tire setup but big deal on that with a ZR1 making 7XX pounds of torque car isn't hurting torque wise. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.