roti83

I'm New Here
Feb 4, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06/07
Province
AB
Hi - I have a 19 Z06/07 and am looking for accessories to carry in the car to facilitate towing if ever needed. Searching the forums (particularly the US forum), the front mounted tow hook is not recommended for towing the car onto the tow vehicle's flatbed and since the receiver is aluminum (rating unknown) and offset from the centre of the car I am looking for frame mounted T Hooks. I intend to call some local (Calgary/Strathmore area) to inquire re their experience and recommendations. It seems from the corvette forum US, the Pierce Arrow T Hooks fit into the frame so am looking for the equivalent Grade 43 or Grade 70 T Hooks in the Calgary area. Any comments or relate experience members may have would be apprecitated. Thanks.

as an ex tow truck operator , one of the reasons I quit years ago is cause the stuff they build today is not meant to pull out of the rhubarb or hook up to easily. Take a look at this Vette that just got impounded in Saskatoon a few weeks ago for going over double the speed limit. Notice the tow strap cutting into the front spoiler , and this is already after the car is angled up already, it is much worse at first before it climbs up on the deck. So would you rather have a hook up front to grab onto with a straight pull and not bend/break any plastic or want the grab from under the car like in the pic ?

corvette-speeding-impound-saskatoon-police.jpg

Over double the limit ? In a residential area by the looks of the background too. I have a funny feeling the cops aren’t going to care to much on how this car is dragged up onto the flat deck. And his insurance when it comes time to “Re-new” !! Oh man. Better him than me !

Over double the limit ? In a residential area by the looks of the background too. I have a funny feeling the cops aren’t going to care to much on how this car is dragged up onto the flat deck. And his insurance when it comes time to “Re-new” !! Oh man. Better him than me !
....speed limit was 90, he was going 216 . Almost $2000 in fines and lost the car for a week, plus the tow and impound charges.

• Wow
Reactions: ddgermann
....speed limit was 90, he was going 216 . Almost $2000 in fines and lost the car for a week, plus the tow and impound charges.
Thanks for your comments XFIRE82. My concerns re the single front tow hook are that the aluminum receiver for the tow hook is approx. 14" off centre and the rating of the receiver is unkown to me, basically determined by the strength of the aluminum threads. My understanding of the design purpose of both the front and rear tow hooks are primarily for track use i.e. level track tows. In considering the T-Hooks, the idea is to provide two hook up points off the frame, using two tow straps forming effectively a Y bridal for a centre pull onto the towing deck. As you mentioned, even in this configuration there is still a risk of damaging the splitter unless a (2 x 4) or equivalent spacer is place between the front frame member and the bridal staps. This may be too much to expect from a tow truck operator but at least it would provide an option to hooking one strap to a part of the front suspension - the quick and dirty hookup. After all is said and done I will probably end up carrying both the front tow hook and 2 T-Hooks - a belt and suspenders type solution.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread