Not a tow hook type, but why not take a look at the one from Top Flight Reproductions,,
AFCFF6C5-903E-40EC-BF13-2CA0D53A13AD_1_105_c.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: BDK
Shouldn't have to look for those...no front plate in most of the country, why can't everyone agree for once. A front plate on a Corvette just looks bad, and there's no making it look pretty..IMO
tend to agree. ontario dangled the carrot then pulled it away. have had it off for a week now and yeah it looks better. wish the dealership had asked me before they mounted it because with 4 years of driving, has left a mark on the paint

Reactions: OL Yeller
tend to agree. ontario dangled the carrot then pulled it away. have had it off for a week now and yeah it looks better. wish the dealership had asked me before they mounted it because with 4 years of driving, has left a mark on the paint
I totally agree when I bought my car it had one and I took it off and there's a big rub marking behind it... unless you live in a province where it requires two plates front and back I suggest leave the front one off

Canadian dealers seem to get two front license plate holder brackets. One mounts completely within the grill opening which is the one that should be used. For some unknown reason they also supply a mounting bracket that mounts the plate holder on the very front of the nose body work which results in chafing and marring of the paint. I hve no idea why one would ever choose to use that bracket and no idea why GM even supplies it??? Any dealer who install that latter plate holder shows an appalling lack of knowledge of Corvettes.

Reactions: Motoroulston
has anyone found a canadian or US based company that supplies these?

ZL1 AddOnns sells one. Requires a mount shaft sold separately. Also can incorporate a tow hook. Very solid and doesn't restrict the airflow like center mounted plates. I have one with the red tow hook and shaft cost $175USD will sell for $125CAN

Attachments

• 20160630_122305.jpg
    20160630_122305.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 21
Dealers are obliged to mount the high mount plate holder as it meets the legal requirements for plate height. However, the aero plate holder (which is clearly marked as not for license mounting...again to satisfy liability for gm) was supplied by my dealer in the trunk. First thing I did when I got home with the car four years ago was swap out the plate holders. Never been stopped or questioned about the aero plate holder.
Sucks that the high mount one marks the paint and looks like &$#- to boot. Never had any overheating problems...but mine is not a Z06.
Hope this helps.

Rob

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.