Jan 23, 2017
Bobcaygeon
VetteCoins
Car
2023 C8 Corvette
Province
ON
Quick question, been many years since I have been to the Toronto Auto Show and was hoping to sit in a C8 at the show.
Does anyone know if the show coming up on Feb 17th to the 26th at the convention centre will actually have C8's?
Thanks

Quick question, been many years since I have been to the Toronto Auto Show and was hoping to sit in a C8 at the show.
Does anyone know if the show coming up on Feb 17th to the 26th at the convention centre will actually have C8's?
Thanks
Most likely a Z06. Oshawa has 2 they take to shows.

Perfect - thank you for the reply
I just noticed You asked about sitting in one. I haven't been to that show in more than 20 years so I'm not sure, but if you're ever near Uxbridge, just drop by and sit in mine. Or come to the Car-B-Q I host and there will be several you can sit in.

Hey thanks Murray, My biggest issue truly is how low it is going to be to get in and out of? I live with a bad back and I can easily throw it out trying to climb into a car.
I know sit in backwards, lift your legs around, reposition that works of course, but getting back out etc. Just need to confirm how low it really is. How long are the doors? That makes a difference getting in and out in a garage. If the angle of entry is reduced because the doors are extended ,they may hit racking along the wall, then you can't sit in sideways and slide around. I found that with my C6. I would have to crawl in on an angle, or slide my one leg in and under the steering wheel. I tried backing it in so I could get out the other side as well, but i keep my motorcycle between the two collectibles, as such its far easier to drive it in and out. I have to move it each time I take the bike out. I know 3rd world issues but for me this is a serious consideration. All of the videos I have watched online I have yet to see one showing how to get in and out of it. Now If it had gull wing doors ....
I may take a drive over to Sadlons or Georgian as they have a used one there also and just do a trial run. Thanks for the offer :)

Hey thanks Murray, My biggest issue truly is how low it is going to be to get in and out of? I live with a bad back and I can easily throw it out trying to climb into a car.
I know sit in backwards, lift your legs around, reposition that works of course, but getting back out etc. Just need to confirm how low it really is. How long are the doors? That makes a difference getting in and out in a garage. If the angle of entry is reduced because the doors are extended ,they may hit racking along the wall, then you can't sit in sideways and slide around. I found that with my C6. I would have to crawl in on an angle, or slide my one leg in and under the steering wheel. I tried backing it in so I could get out the other side as well, but i keep my motorcycle between the two collectibles, as such its far easier to drive it in and out. I have to move it each time I take the bike out. I know 3rd world issues but for me this is a serious consideration. All of the videos I have watched online I have yet to see one showing how to get in and out of it. Now If it had gull wing doors ....
I may take a drive over to Sadlons or Georgian as they have a used one there also and just do a trial run. Thanks for the offer :)
I was at the CIAS in Toronto, February 2020 (specifically went to see the C8). Back then, you could not sit in it. You actually couldn't get close enough to get a good look inside, as the car was on a podium.

I was at the CIAS in Toronto, February 2020 (specifically went to see the C8). Back then, you could not sit in it. You actually couldn't get close enough to get a good look inside, as the car was on a podium.
My son & I were there also...they had two C8's I recall, with a rope barrier around them...but on the one side you were just a couple of feet away from the car...so I opened up the door to get a better look at the interior...guy came over and politely said we weren't supposed to do that. Oops...sorry about that :) I'm hoping that they will have a regular C8 that we can sit in...they always had that for previous generations. I sat in several C7's at the Auto Shows before eventually buying my 2019.

Won’t help much because we are all built a little differently but I found it easier to extricate myself from the C8 than my C7 or C6.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.