Jan 20, 2018
Toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2017 Z06 (Z07)
It might have been the time of day or the day itself, but have to say the GM (Chevrolet) area of the auto show was lame--like very lame. Aside from being quite empty, no doubt in part due to rolling 'protesting' by frustrated GM Oshawa workers there was zero buzz--right down to the sleepy crew representing the brand. Sadly in middle of this sat an absolutely stunning orange ZR1 that GM felt was best presented with muffled audio of the car exhaust while running a hot lap. To the right, a really sharp Grand Sport rag which was drawing little attention.
Oh my..I really hope the C8 lifts things up.
Across the room, the Ford booth was humming, and I wont even get started with Subaru, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota etc.

It might have been the time of day or the day itself, but have to say the GM (Chevrolet) area of the auto show was lame--like very lame. Aside from being quite empty, no doubt in part due to rolling 'protesting' by frustrated GM Oshawa workers there was zero buzz--right down to the sleepy crew representing the brand. Sadly in middle of this sat an absolutely stunning orange ZR1 that GM felt was best presented with muffled audio of the car exhaust while running a hot lap. To the right, a really sharp Grand Sport rag which was drawing little attention.
Across the room, the Ford booth was humming, and I wont even get started with Subaru, Honda, Kia, Hyundai, Toyota etc.
Did you take a photo(s) ?

Did you take a photo(s) ?
No, I didn't. I took very few pictures, although this pic of the Lego 'Bugatti' does not do it justice!

Attachments

• IMG_0162.JPG
    IMG_0162.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: YFCvii

Agree. I dropped by and passed on by pretty swiftly. I think Acura took the prize for liveliest booth with their VR sim and seizure inducing lighting. They're really trying to offload the NSX. Auto show here has become a bit of a dog over the years.

Last edited:
Reactions: lupo
Agree. I dropped by and passed on by pretty swiftly. I think Acura took the prize for liveliest booth with their VR sim and seizure inducing lighting. Auto show here has become a bit of a dog over the years.
And that dog makes its way west in a few weeks.

Reactions: lupo
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread