Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Would like to try one, will be starting a Go Fund Me Page soon. Any one prepared one and can offer some tips for cooking, hopefully to perfection!! Thanks in advance.

e1bea122_6b0f_45e9_8014_25391fa78c40_aefc3c5a52f8798081cbfe555ea918e1b80e9eea.jpeg

1. Soak in your favourite marinade or brine for 24 hours.
2. Apply your favourite rub (insert joke here)
3. Sear in a smoking hot cast iron pan and use copious amounts of butter. Sear only for texture.
4. Place in smoker at 300 and cook until internal temp hits 130. (Oven could be substituted for smoker but what self respecting meat eating mammalian doesn't own a smoker)
5. Remove, wrap in tinfoil, and let rest for 20 minutes.
6. Eat

Would like to try one, will be starting a Go Fund Me Page soon. Any one prepared one and can offer some tips for cooking, hopefully to perfection!! Thanks in advance.
Ouch..... A tomView attachment 107698ahawk steak is a fancy name for a rib-eye steak with a portion of the rib bone attached to make it look like a so called tomahawk. These are very expensive for no reason I can think of except calling it a tomahawk instead of a rib-eye... Save 2/3 of the price and just buy a rib-eye because when you throw out the bone, you are tossing $20 of your purchase away... lol...

Eric, could you mail me a Bison bone or something that I could crazy glue onto a rib eye? Might look authentic enough.

In reference to Al's comment Number 4. I do not own a smoker, yes people will probably think less of me if that is possible. Smoked meat, cheese, brakes, tires, clutches and what not is a flavour I have ever liked. Don't even like the smell of it.

Now that the dream has been shattered, I will take the Go Fund Me page down (thanks to the donor who gave me 6 cents, it was a solid start) and look for alternatives. Maybe I need to think of some type of vegan dish. :Biggrin:

Eric, could you mail me a Bison bone or something that I could crazy glue onto a rib eye? Might look authentic enough.

In reference to Al's comment Number 4. I do not own a smoker, yes people will probably think less of me if that is possible. Smoked meat, cheese, brakes, tires, clutches and what not is a flavour I have ever liked. Don't even like the smell of it.

Now that the dream has been shattered, I will take the Go Fund Me page down (thanks to the donor who gave me 6 cents, it was a solid start) and look for alternatives. Maybe I need to think of some type of vegan dish. :Biggrin:
Smokers can, but do not force you to give the meat smoked flavour. The type of pellets, the type of wood chips, and the temperature of the cook will determine the “smoke”. I like our smoker’s way of a perfect cook and a perfect sear that I cannot get in the oven. The hotter the temp the less smoke.

Don’t think less of you but have moved you to the top of my prayer list…… ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.