A useless post here, but from everything I read, people say to get rid of the run-flats.
Now with that said, how are you going to use your car? Mostly cruising? Hard driving? Track days?
I hate saying this but tires are so varied in their design today that if we know how you would like to use your car, we'll be able to suggest a good tire suited to your needs as one tire can't do it all.

John my invoice for the tires simply says Michelin Pilot Super Sport 305/30 ZR 19 and 265/30/ ZR 19. If there is another model I don't know what it is. Nothing else on the sidewall unless I am missing something.

John my invoice for the tires simply says Michelin Pilot Super Sport 305/30 ZR 19 and 265/30/ ZR 19. If there is another model I don't know what it is. Nothing else on the sidewall unless I am missing something.

Gulp.... care to share the dollar value on that invoice? Just curious as a new to me vette owner though my tires sizes are slight smaller not being a Z06.

Manny sold me some Hancook tires--I originally wanted the Invos for the killer treads, but they were in back order and I couldn't wait. The change needed to be done late season, and the tires I had might. It have lasted another ride. The old tired were run flats. These Hancooks have been much better, but I will,still look around the next time I buy a new set in a couple more years.

No issues to date--and I made them bigger and wider to fit the Vossen rims on my beast too. There weren't as many choices in the sizes I was looking at.

I won't be racing and am looking for some decent mileage. I have the alignment set up for that. Last year I picked up a set of chromed C6 wheels and got a good deal on Firestone runflats in the stock sizes. I also have the dynaplug kit if required. They ride better and are quieter than the original Goodyears. I'm happy with them for what I use them for. How long they last remains to be seen.

Last edited:
Went with Mich PS2's. Great traction but not going to last long. Am interested in the Hankook Ventus as are much cheaper, still Z rated and seem to have an extra 32nd worth of rubber. Michelins are good but not worth the price difference IMO.
Good luck.
I would buy the hankook ventus as they are a great price and I like the tread on them and they seem to last form most of the vehicles that they are on don-vette in the USA sites keep pumping them as a good tire and I would agree Jeffer2013

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.