Our 2005 has its original Goodyear run flats and we get an awful lot of road noise from them on the highway. These tests show that there isn`t a lot of difference between tires. Comparing the Noise Different Tire Brands Make on a Corvette C5 - Corvette Fever Magazine Either they are all awfully noisy or our car has zero sound deadener under the carpets.
Apparently the Michelin Runflat AS ZP tires have a 45K mile wear rating and that would be good enough for me.

Last edited:
I saw Manny today at the Autoshow and I will be going with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports--non runflat. He just put a set on his C5 bad boy .....Way better than the Goodyear runflats. Ride quality is way better and the road noise it cut down

Last edited:
I saw Manny today at the Autoshow and I will be going with the Michelin Pilot Super Sports--non runflat. He just put a set on his C5 bad boy .....Way better than the Goodyear runflats. Ride quality is way better and the road noise it cut down

Peter, I'm very tempted to go that route when I need a new set. I find my G/Years very noisy and have heard the Michelins are much quieter.
Price will be lower too on the non runflats.

C.

Peter, I'm very tempted to go that route when I need a new set. I find my G/Years very noisy and have heard the Michelins are much quieter.
Price will be lower too on the non runflats.

C.

Yeah they will be lower in price Colin and way quieter. I have been researching different brand names and reading the feedback from others on different Forums and lots of guys love the Super Sports-non runflat...The Michelin PS2 runflats are good also but more expensive.

I am running the Hankook Ventus V12's. This will be their third season on the Vette.
So far I am very pleased with them, Quiet, great performance, and reasonable cost. I would buy these again.

The Michelin's are probably a significant step up from these. You will be happy with the non Run-flats.
Just buy a repair kit and carry a CAA card.:canada:

I'm in a totally different situation where I travel long distances and a lot at night that's why I stay with run flats .I also prefer Michelin's but I bought all season ,they work well on unplowed roads :D

Having driven probably 150,000 miles in both C5's and C6's I can understand those who go away from the run Flats and their reasoning is ligit in most cases .I would recommend no matter what you do keep your old tires as spares .If you have a bad tire failure chances are your local tire store won't have your brand ,tread design and size in stock .

Ya also need to ask yourself what if ? If your out on some logging road 75 miles from the nearest house and run over an elk horn punching a 2 inch hole on the inside sidewall --whats your plan ?Oh and your surround by hungry bears :D

I'm in a totally different situation where I travel long distances and a lot at night that's why I stay with run flats .I also prefer Michelin's but I bought all season ,they work well on unplowed roads :D

Having driven probably 150,000 miles in both C5's and C6's I can understand those who go away from the run Flats and their reasoning is ligit in most cases .I would recommend no matter what you do keep your old tires as spares .If you have a bad tire failure chances are your local tire store won't have your brand ,tread design and size in stock .

Ya also need to ask yourself what if ? If your out on some logging road 75 miles from the nearest house and run over an elk horn punching a 2 inch hole on the inside sidewall --whats your plan ?Oh and your surround by hungry bears :D

Lol, sounds like time to bend over and kiss yourself goodbye.:D

Good point on major failures tho. CAA would come in handy, tho time might be a factor.

C.

The you'd be saying "why the F did I not buy r/flats.:D
True but I've seen runflats that could or shouldn't be repaired .The Michelin RF's only had about 50 miles of life ,might be more now and the GY's had 200 miles.

I've never been caught yet and I really guess it's where you are but thats why I recommend keeping your old tires just in case .

I've also been in a few places by accident that I was the only white person for 10 miles and it was dark .All I could see was white and gold teeth smiling ,not the kinda smile ya really like .

Ely you need to pick your travel destinations and vehicles, more carefully.:D
Logging road 75 miles from nowhere. What the hell are you doing in the Vett?:D Take the truck on that day.

Stay out of the Jane & finch area late at night. :eek:Take the armored car for that trip.

I like that you use your vettes. They are meant to be driven.:canada:

Ely you need to pick your travel destinations and vehicles, more carefully.:D
Logging road 75 miles from nowhere. What the hell are you doing in the Vett?:D Take the truck on that day.

Stay out of the Jane & finch area late at night. :eek:Take the armored car for that trip.

I like that you use your vettes. They are meant to be driven.:canada:

Took the words right outta my mouth .. :agree::D

Stay outta those places Elf ! !

I know :2008 Corvette convertible for sale ,driven in major snow storms ,flood and hurricane survivor ,excellent stump puller .The two bullet holes are the only body repair ,driven only on dirt roads navigation never used.Only reason for selling is the owner is old ,senile and about to be institutionalized .Oh ,great tires :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.