Apr 9, 2019
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province
ON
Hi all, where are you guys getting your tires at a good deal. Checked out the tire rack and the prices were great until I saw that the price was in US funds, plus shipping (ouch) and what would be a good brand of tire at a reasonable price. Run flats are more expensive, and heard quite a few guys have moved away from them, and carry an electric pump. and tire patch kit with them. What a Delma just to buy tires LOL....JSH

JSH there is a thread in the Hot Deals section about my tire adventure. This is what I paid for them.

"The quote for the on sale tires was $367.98 for the fronts and $563.98 for the rears for a total of $931.96 plus eco fee and tax."

I purchased CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT SPORTS for my 2003 Vert a few months ago.
I have Z06 suspension and wheels on the car. 275-40R17 & 295-35R18.
My tire store buddy got them for me. $1400 - $100(rebate) + $100 mounting.
they are a great tire.
PMC TIRE in Canada has great pricing, with free shipping on four tires,

graham
BDB9C5B5-7C74-414E-B7AD-8EA5CC653954.jpeg

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Tomigun thanks for the information, good to know they work well. Mine are different from the ones Graham got for his C5. I still do not have mine mounted, I stored the car with the original Goodyear F1 tires, they look new but too old for driving I think. I will get the new ones mounted in the spring. They along with my Michelin's are stored in the heated basement.

I purchased CONTINENTAL EXTREME CONTACT SPORTS for my 2003 Vert a few months ago.
I have Z06 suspension and wheels on the car. 275-40R17 & 295-35R18.
My tire store buddy got them for me. $1400 - $100(rebate) + $100 mounting.
they are a great tire.
PMC TIRE in Canada has great pricing, with free shipping on four tires,

grahamView attachment 33774
I have the same tires on my ‘03 50th. I think they are awesome tires.

• Agree
Reactions: nascar03
Hi all, where are you guys getting your tires at a good deal. Checked out the tire rack and the prices were great until I saw that the price was in US funds, plus shipping (ouch) and what would be a good brand of tire at a reasonable price. Run flats are more expensive, and heard quite a few guys have moved away from them, and carry an electric pump. and tire patch kit with them. What a Delma just to buy tires LOL....JSH
I carry a compressor and plug kit as well. Also a jack and board to put under it. Pair of cutters or visegrips to remove the culprit as well.
Rare will be the time that you will have a flat next to a garage.
On the way to the NCM 25th this year, Ontario Caravan, one car picked up a screw in Ohio. It was a slow leak and we kept going to BG where the tyre was repaired at the local tyre shop. Plug and interior patch.

Did you try Costco? They are a huge Michelin dealer: I am a huge Michelin fan - all my previous corvettes had them. Bought for 4 for each of our SUVs and saved 30%. May want to give them a try?? Good luck!

JSH I would be reluctant to sell them to anyone that was going to actually run them on the street, they are just too old not although they look brand new. I offered them to Hot Rod Ron in Boston because he wanted to have his C5Z NCRS judges/displayed but I have not heard from Ron since September 2019.

OK then, thankyou
Just a word of wisdom, stay away, far far away from Goodyear F1 supercar RF tires for a few reasons:
1) Over Priced
2) Over rated
3) Sidewalls are as stiff as a buckboard
4) Once they get to 5/32" they become dangerous on any wet pavement. They hydoplane like crazy.

I had those on my 2006, and at 5/32" tread, I thrashed them and went with non runflats. Night and day difference.
I am now running Michelin PS 4S tires and they are super quiet, great traction and great on wet roads.

Tire rack has great prices in US $$ but not so much with our exchange rate.
I purchased my tires at PMC tires.. On line with free shipping.

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: hemicat
I had a nail in my run flat. My car is a 19 and the tire only had 7k on it so I went to the dealer. After the shock I went to Brampton Tire. They were around $150 cheaper for the same tire and their mounting was also cheaper. They do vettes regularly so they are an option.

Reactions: hemicat
Just replaced my tires on my 2010 Grand Sport had 70,000 km on them and about 2/3 worn. They were Bridgestone Potenza REO5A run flats $ 1899.00 including tax & 4 wheel alignment. As far as I'm concerned the Bridgstones are as good as the Michelins but cheaper. Rated very high at tire rack bought them locally in Woodstock. I think nobody can beat Costco (best warranty & price) but could not get my size.

Also purchased the Continental Extreme Contact DWS06 for my 2005 C6 from Canadian Tire (Whitby South). Great tire. Paid $1440 ($316.70 ea and $211.99 ea) including tax, "low profile" balancing ($34.99 ea)and insurance ($12.99 each) and nitrogen ($3.00). They aren't run-flats but I have CAA Plus for towing up to 200 km. I like CTC from the point of view I am on their computer and if I have a problem their stores are everywhere - providing they have the tire in stock.

Just as a comparison, here is the delivered price to my door for a set of Michelin PS 4S tires.
I had them installed on my wheels and Road forced balanced for $96.60 tax incl. at Coast Tire
Total cost was$1719.11

I could not find anyone locally to even come close to this price by a longshot. When I tried to get them to even come close to the PMC price, they just said, you better buy them there.... That's what we have to deal with. Granted, in the Maritimes, it's harder to get great deals due to the lack of competition, so PMC was the place for me to get the best deal by far.
For Michelin tires installed, that's a great price.

PMC tire.jpg

Reactions: Kazman1960
Here in Calgary I buy my Michelins from Costco for the C6 and get them mounted by the dealer, Costco cost is usually about $1,000 current pricing unknown as this was about two (2) summers ago.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.