tedviz

I'm New Here
2 You're 10
Aug 14, 2010
Kitchener
VetteCoins
Car
2004 convertible
Has anyone purchased tires from Tire Rack.com? If so where did you pick up and any problems with them. Thanks Ted

Yeah. I've done them. Better places in canada are 1010tires, or tiretrends. both have decent service and fair shipping.

Manny's also good--If he was in Alberta, I'd go there first for everything. I still almost always do, but don't trust me. See for yourself.

I've bought tires from tirerack.com and the service was great and for us here in ontario was a huge savings$$, I'm lucky my in laws are truck drivers and have a warehouse in california so the tires were delivered there and then they picked them up and brought them back for me. At that time i got 2 rear tires ;goodyear s/c f1 oem 295/35/18 rubber for the rear for the price of 1 here:eek:

I have bought tires , also rims with tires on them.
I have them shipped to a place just at the Ontario and NY border.
I pay the HST and save alot.
The 225 40 18 blizzacks for our Cruze, in Ontario were $260 each , I am getting 4 for $660 from Tire Rack.

Nice savings. Sometimes I believe as Canadians, a lot of us insist on getting ripped-off..........The gouging on this side of the border is enought to make a guy barf sometimes.

Nice savings. Sometimes I believe as Canadians, a lot of us insist on getting ripped-off..........The gouging on this side of the border is enought to make a guy barf sometimes.

Especially when the dollar is over par here now.

A C6 key fob can be had for $106-130 USD at some online GM parts places and up here closer to $275-350 for it. I could see 10% higher but not 30-100% more. Very sad

Tirerack is great to deal with. Shipping brings the price up a bit but still a savings. If you can get the rim / tire combo you save mounting here. That if you are thinking of winter tires now ( you didn't say )

Brian

Yes I am thinking of winter tire combo, this is for my little corvette. The most frustrating thing are the dealers, since they are the only ones that have the rims at this time. Tried three of them and their attitude seems to be that they are doing you a favour. One of them said they will sell the rims for $133 instead of $140- very huge savings, and they really do not want to sell the rims separatley. Thanks all for your advice.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.