Apr 8, 2018
Sask
VetteCoins
Car
2008 corvette z06
Hey guys. Iam in the marked for some new tires for my z. Got about 620rwho n/a. I do drive the car often. Rain or shine. Looking for something that'll hook as I do some roll racing and 1/4 events. What are some you have ran? They are between the mt et street ss. Toyo r888 and the r888r. Also the nt05. Looking for a tire that'll hook well and do well in the rain aswelll.
Thanks

I only have the base, but i just replaced my tires with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S and they are awesome so far. No road noise, great in rain and good in dry. They score well on all fronts.
I'm not sure if they have Z sizes, but they may.
Here are the reviews. I bought mine from PMCtire.com, a Canadian company that ships for free.

Attachments

• tire reviews.jpg
    tire reviews.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: ddgermann
Hey guys. Iam in the marked for some new tires for my z. Got about 620rwho n/a. I do drive the car often. Rain or shine. Looking for something that'll hook as I do some roll racing and 1/4 events. What are some you have ran? They are between the mt et street ss. Toyo r888 and the r888r. Also the nt05. Looking for a tire that'll hook well and do well in the rain aswelll.
Thanks

Toyo R888r's are the fav on all the modded US ZR1's reading on Facebook

Though rain not sure.... guessing all 3 you mentioned not the best in the rain.

You ca't have the best of both worlds.... seasons. dry and rain

I would get those over the NT05's

B

Yeah it's difficult to find a good mix. I heard the r888r's are very bad in rain.. wondering what other street tire or radial would be semi good in the rain? And dry contact.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread