Ontario
Nov 6, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Grandsport
Province
ON
Hi everyone,

Im new here and just got my first corvette, 2019 GS. During the test drive, everything was normal but now that i own the car (1 day later), i noticed almost everytime when i start the car, roll forward with brakes slightly impressed and turn the steering wheel - mostly feels like the front wheels would get locked and the car would push through with it and cause the car to rumble twice. After that, it would be normal again. The car only has 2.3km on it so its still pretty new. At first i thought i overturned the wheels but it happened even if its a quarter turn on the steering. It only happened after i start the car (on Drive mode, haven't tested on M Mode yet) and turning the steering wheels, i didn't notice it happening when the steering wheel is straight. On the rest of the drive, after the initial rumbles, the car is fine. I'd like to get see if this is a common thing.

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks,

Demands

Hi everyone,

Im new here and just got my first corvette, 2019 GS. During the test drive, everything was normal but now that i own the car (1 day later), i noticed almost everytime when i start the car, roll forward with brakes slightly impressed and turn the steering wheel - mostly feels like the front wheels would get locked and the car would push through with it and cause the car to rumble twice. After that, it would be normal again. The car only has 2.3km on it so its still pretty new. At first i thought i overturned the wheels but it happened even if its a quarter turn on the steering. It only happened after i start the car (on Drive mode, haven't tested on M Mode yet) and turning the steering wheels, i didn't notice it happening when the steering wheel is straight. On the rest of the drive, after the initial rumbles, the car is fine. I'd like to get see if this is a common thing.

Nice to meet you all.

Thanks,

Demands
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like the Ackerman Effect other than typically it takes place when the wheels are turned more sharply than you describe. If it is Ackerman, it is simply the outside front wheels skipping to catch up with the turning circle of the inside turn wheels. That's the simplified explanation. We all experience this. Hopefully it is only this and not a problem with your ride.

1604708708178.png

The factory alignment is set up for some use of your GS on a track. It will cause the tires to wear on the inside edges. When my front tires wore down to the cords on the inside at 38,000 km I had new tires installed and had the dealership do an alignment to more street friendly settings per the attached. Rear tires were done at 24,000 km :)

Attachments

• Pfadt alignment spec.jpeg
    Pfadt alignment spec.jpeg
    473.9 KB · Views: 34
Thanks for all the input. I'll keep an eye out on it for the little season I have left before it goes into the storage.

Demands

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.