@RobZ06 @frankmp
Another thing to consider is GM states clearly not to run your car in track mode if you have mag ride. They specifically say wheel and suspension damage may result. They state track mode is for a smooth track only.
Lots of guys use track mode on the street as it is what they prefer but most likely they are aware and pay attention.
I have had 3 mag ride Z06’s in the last 4 years and have never had a problem. And that’s after hitting a very nasty crater on the Yellowhead highway at 120ish. Big bang... no damage. In sport or tour mode... don’t remember which. But was definitely not in track mode.
I wouldn’t give this wheel hype a second thought. Keyboard warriors telling part of the story is a very common thing these days.
The wheels are fine.

Thanks so much for the advice

The Michelin’s are very pricey. Doing burnouts with these tires is a financial commitment as they won’t last long. 😂

I always laughed when the YouTube guys were reviewing a C7 which included a bunch of smokey burnouts.
They usually said something like “We we were fortunate enough to be loaned this car to review today”
I expect the owner of the Vette was not very impressed seeing his tires and probably his rear brakes gone when he got the car back.
Expect to spend about 3k to replace the PSS and more for the SC2s. 👍
Still running the originals at slightly over 28K.
I bought a new set this past winter as I figure I will probably have to change some time this summer. Just over $2K for the four same size Michelin run flats

Reactions: ddgermann
@RobZ06 @frankmp
Another thing to consider is GM states clearly not to run your car in track mode if you have mag ride. They specifically say wheel and suspension damage may result. They state track mode is for a smooth track only.
Lots of guys use track mode on the street as it is what they prefer but most likely they are aware and pay attention.
I have had 3 mag ride Z06’s in the last 4 years and have never had a problem. And that’s after hitting a very nasty crater on the Yellowhead highway at 120ish. Big bang... no damage. In sport or tour mode... don’t remember which. But was definitely not in track mode.
I wouldn’t give this wheel hype a second thought. Keyboard warriors telling part of the story is a very common thing these days.
The wheels are fine.

I’m editing this as I laboriously went through my manual and it doesn’t say anything about not running the car in track mode. So my statement above is only hear say from a guy at my dealership. Next time I’m in there I’m going to follow up and ask where that is written. Perhaps it’s an educated opinion based on what they have experienced.
I’ll edit this again once I get that answer... unless one of you guys get it before.
Pardon any confusion my post above may have caused guys.

I’m editing this as I laboriously went through my manual and it doesn’t say anything about not running the car in track mode. So my statement above is only hear say from a guy at my dealership. Next time I’m in there I’m going to follow up and ask where that is written. Perhaps it’s an educated opinion based on what they have experienced.
I’ll edit this again once I get that answer... unless one of you guys get it before.
Pardon any confusion my post above may have caused guys.
Well now we can all say we heard it from you Derek!
Does make sense to a certain extent. Doubt if there are very many potholes on a track but pretty sure there are bumps riding the shoulders at times

Last edited:
This morning I was at my local tire dealer Kal - Tire in BC getting my snow tires removed and a flat fixed on my daily driver. Out of curiosity I asked for a quote to have a new set of Michelin Pilot 4S for my 2007 Corvette. The 4S is the new tire that replaces the Pilot Super Sport although they do not come in a run flat ZP tire. The total quote for the tires, mounting, balancing, enviro fees and taxes came to $1,980.83. The front tires 245/40ZR18 were $342.29 ea. and the rear 285/35R19 are $502.01 ea,
The P4's is what I use on my 2010 Shelby , decent tires for sure

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.