Jul 3, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Corvette
Province
BC
I have tried to bring the tire pressure up to what it says is the max on my nitto invo tires 51psi. Then the dash says press. too high . Do I need to relearn my tpms? The car is a new to me 2007 vert. Of course the door sticker says 30 psi. If I bring them up to the correct psi and drive it does this warning go away or can I hit the reset button to clear it? I have seen threads on a learning tool and is that what I need to do?

I have tried to bring the tire pressure up to what it says is the max on my nitto invo tires 51psi. Then the dash says press. too high . Do I need to relearn my tpms? The car is a new to me 2007 vert. Of course the door sticker says 30 psi. If I bring them up to the correct psi and drive it does this warning go away or can I hit the reset button to clear it? I have seen threads on a learning tool and is that what I need to do?
Fill to the 30PSI indicated on your door jam. Warning should go out shortly after.

Maximum tire pressure stamped on tires is a reference. If the vehicle is loaded to it's recommended max weight, max tire pressure is a very good idea.
Otherwise, unless you want to wear the tread off the tires in the centre, recommended t/p is optimal, for most circumstances.
Drag racers like to under inflate rears (drive tires) for hook up.
I don't understand why anyone would want to over inflate to 50psi, except to destroy the tire?

If your tire pressure monitor says the pressure is too high you would have to assume the sensors are working correctly. As the others have correctly stated lower the PSI down to 30 and see what happens. My bet is you are good to go then.

I run my Michelin Pilot Super Sports at 32 and it rides fine. The C5 Z cars do not have the monitors.

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your Corvette. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
These TPMS things are so finicky at times. I had all 4 of mine reset last year at Shag. When I scroll through the settings,I have a reading of 30 PSI or 210 KPA all 4 corners. When I take my little manual air pressure stick and check,it reads a little over those so,who do you believe ?...I’m happy if I can keep them within 3/5 lbs of each other.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
On a C6, stick to the recommended tire pressures. If you want the front tires to last more than 18K Miles, then have the front wheels zero cambered. When we bought our car with a little over 13,000 miles both of the front tires were noticeably worn in the inside edges. On checking around, I found that people were zero cambering the front wheels for even tread wear. I was told that the car might be slightly less stable above 130 mph, where I will never be. The present tires are wearing nice and evenly. Steering is no different now than before.

Keith what do you mean never above 130. I tried to pass you once!! :Biggrin: :Biggrin:
That was kph.

I would love to run the Texas mile or something like that. I was reading where some local guy got nailed for 100 kph over the speed limit on his motorcycle. That should have him walking for a while and empty his wallet the next time he buys insurance.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.