Csc

Casual User
Aug 7, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
ON
So I received a text msg from Onstar: “Diagnostics: low air pressure in driver side rear tire on 2021 corvettte…. “

My dash has no tire pressure low
Alerts.

Has anyone gotten this? It seems like Onstar has a lower threshold before the cars dash tire pressure lights comes on?

Is the only way to access your tire pressure status (temp and psi) is when you put you car in track mode as seen in the picture I have attached.

thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919 KB · Views: 38
OnStar refresh takes time especially since they text you the status update.
I expect that you had a slightly under inflated rear tire overnight (or whatever period of time sitting) and once you started driving it came back up to temp in the acceptable pressure range. Yes appears to be a nuisance -but with the wrong time of situation or mechanical failure could actually have have been good thing.

So I received a text msg from Onstar: “Diagnostics: low air pressure in driver side rear tire on 2021 corvettte…. “

Alerts.

Has anyone gotten this? It seems like Onstar has a lower threshold before the cars dash tire pressure lights comes on?

Is the only way to access your tire pressure status (temp and psi) is when you put you car in track mode as seen in the picture I have attached.

thanks!
BTW, you can add whatever you want to the display. Tire pressure is one of the options. I believe I have oil temp and battery on my left side.

I just got the same warning! LOL

Dear MURRAY
Low air pressure has been detected in one or more tires on your 2020 Chevrolet Corvette.
- Passenger Side Front (188.0)
Please disregard this message if your vehicle is already in for service. Inaccurate notifications can be generated during service.
Please add air to your tire(s) as soon as possible. You can find the recommended tire pressure for your vehicle on a sticker on the driver's door.​

Alerts.

thanks!
Funny, I got a text this morning as well. I’ll give onstar a call and ask them to inflate to proper levels. They can do that right??
CCA59D9E-0158-4653-81B7-CEE70C6CC7A2.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Murray20c8
I just went out and checked. all tires were at 204 or higher. OnStar said one was at 188.
I don't trust the in car sensors. I used my gauge and set them all to 210.
Now they all read 208 in the car except for the front drivers side which says 216. It kept jumping all over the place with the slightest change in pressure. I let a microsecond of air out and it would drop to 204. Add a tiny bit and it would jump to 216! I do not trust those sensors or the display at all. I could not get any of them to read 210 so I gave up and set them to my gauge

Lol. This has became pretty funny.

BTW, you can add whatever you want to the display. Tire pressure is one of the options. I believe I have oil temp and battery on my left side.
Ive tried playing around with the clusters and I haven’t found anywhere I can display the Tire Pressure reading unless I switch it to the defaulted Track Mode. Even with Onstar on the phone, they told me from what they can see, you only see it in track mode.

Lol. This has became pretty funny.

Ive tried playing around with the clusters and I haven’t found anywhere I can display the Tire Pressure reading unless I switch it to the defaulted Track Mode. Even with Onstar on the phone, they told me from what they can see, you only see it in track mode.
Click the OK button and change the tiles. I put it in the lower left hand corner in MYMode
Edit: Strange indeed. The manual agrees with you, but I just set it in myMode.

Last edited:
Dam if it doesn't disappear when you hit return. LOL.
It will display, but won't set. that is the dumbest thing. Why not allow whatever you want???
In my C8 the tire pressures were there in Weather mode as the default set up. I added the tire pressure to MyMode and to the Z51 mode and it shows up each time. Perhaps something with Z51 vs nonZ51?

Onstar (and yet I do not have a subscription, and the car is 10 months old), texted AND emailed me that my passenger front tire was low.
I went out and measured with a VERY accurate gauge.
ALL of the tires were at 27.5 psi.

So this thing alerted because the tire that reported to onstar was 2.5psi too low from the 30psi recommened.
Weird that it reports with such tiny difference.
And even weirder (and wrong) to report one tire low, if all of them were "low".

Interesting, but bit useless.

Alerts.

thanks!
Same here….

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.