Aug 14, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2023 Amplified orang
Province
ON
Saw an OEM GM tire inflator kit part number 84237904 on numerous sites however all show 'this does not fit your 2023 Corvette'. Not sure if this is a generic misprint but for those who have inflator kits on hand, which ones are you travelling with or does this version fit all GM vehicles? I would think all valve stems are the same configuration.

Saw an OEM GM tire inflator kit part number 84237904 on numerous sites however all show 'this does not fit your 2023 Corvette'. Not sure if this is a generic misprint but for those who have inflator kits on hand, which ones are you travelling with or does this version fit all GM vehicles? I would think all valve stems are the same configuration.
OEM tire inflator? Sounds bogus. I use this one from Amazon. Works great

Attachments

• 828C7CBC-D78D-4F79-90E7-0B2E19CA7D89.png
    828C7CBC-D78D-4F79-90E7-0B2E19CA7D89.png
    149 KB · Views: 13
Caught a nail on my rear passenger run flat. Changed it out as it was down to the wear strip anyway. Talking to the mechanic he said that they are only allowed one patch on run flats. If you catch two nails you'll need a new tire.
He also mentioned he had seen a guy run too long with a nail in his run flat and it chewed in to the rim. So tire plus rim was expensive nail.
I carry a compressor in the trunk just in case. I used it to get me back home just last week and I have also helped out other drivers with a problem in the past.
Also carry tire repair (plug) kit with small cutters as well as a small vise-grip.
Have a car jack (low profile) and wood pad so the jack doesn't sink in to the ground if you are so unlucky as to have to jack the car to find the culprit for the leak. Never used it but it is piece of mind.
If you scrap the tire on a road trip there is little likelihood that any garage will have a tire for our cars. Even if you get to a garage in time they need to have the special tire machine for mags. Some of the older roadside garages still do not have those.
So carry something that will at least enable you to get back home or get to a "good" garage. If you scrap a tire on a road trip it means a few days in a hotel waiting on the tire to come in.

So carry something that will at least enable you to get back home or get to a "good" garage. If you scrap a tire on a road trip it means a few days in a hotel waiting on the tire to come in.
I carry a cell phone and a CAA card! ;)

Do you not get free roadside assistance for the length of factory warranty.
I did on my Ford pick up trucks?
Yes, but not on my Malibu.
Personally, I see no need for a tire inflator for us. We don't travel far. I can see a use for it on non run flats, but for me I'd rather drive somewhere and get it fixed. I'm done with fooling around with cars.

Each to his/her own on this issue. Like Rruuff Day above, I want something in my C8 as an emergency back-up in case of a flat. So I've got both a tire repair kit to pull out the nail/screw and plug the hole, plus a small compressor to pump up the tire. The hope is that a roadside temporary repair is possible, which will enable me to drive to a repair shop and potentially save the tire...and more importantly not risk damaging the rim. I'd do this for any vehicle that doesn't have a spare tire, but that's just me.

I tried posting direct links to amazon.ca to give examples of what I bought, but they didn't show up, so instead you'll get the product descriptions below.

I couldn't find my exact compressor, but it's something like this:

Air Compressor Portable Tire Inflator, 12V DC Car Air Pump with Digital Pressure Gauge Auto-Off, 150PSI Fast Small Tire Pump With Emergency LED Light for Cars Motorcycles Bicycles Balls Other Inflatables​

I purchased a tire repair kit from the States, thinking it would be better quality since some people commented that their "pull/insert tools" were cheap and bent during use. So I thought paying more for a "made in USA" set would solve that. Ironically, I paid more but got what's likely the same thing, since it too was "made in China" even though the description said otherwise (oh well). Mine is similar to this:

Tire Repair Kit, 34pcs Tire Patch Kit with Plugs to Fix Punctures and Plug Flats for Car, Motorcycle, Truck, Tractor, Trailer, RV, ATV, ARB​

And for what it's worth, I also carry a tow hook in case a tow truck driver doesn't have what's needed to safely pull a C8 onto a flat bed. But again, that's just me.

I carry a cell phone and a CAA card! ;)
Me too!
Still takes time which some kind of tire inflator/compressor might be able to take care of in a few minutes to get you to a garage if necessary or even better to get you home where you can call CAA on your cell.
If you ripped the tire then you are up the creek no matter what and that tow truck will be necessary.

Me too!
Still takes time which some kind of tire inflator/compressor might be able to take care of in a few minutes to get you to a garage if necessary or even better to get you home where you can call CAA on your cell.
If you ripped the tire then you are up the creek no matter what and that tow truck will be necessary.
You have more room in your car. LOL. As much as I love my C8 it would be nice if my wife could come with me to watch me play hockey. No room for tire inflator kit or tool kit etc. and a full load of groceries.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.