Power User
Jun 21, 2011
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
1970 & 2015 Stingray
Province
AB
During several of my last picture posts, I thought to myself which one do people prefer, thumbnail or full image? I thought I would try a poll and have people list their opinions to which they prefer better, size, speed, etc. Make sure you vote at the top of the screen, thanks.

Last edited:
Ziggy, I have been posting photos in full size lately. Not sure if this is an issue for Nik or not but I cannot figure out how to post them any other way. I look forward to hearing other thoughts on this. Good question.

Personally I prefer thumbnail, if only for the reason that picture file size has been increasing dramatically lately and especially the pictures that people doctor up for colour, shine, etc. I find full image is not so bad in a post with a single picture or two attached, but for me, a post with a dozen large file size pictures seems to load fairly slow... I am on xplornet which is certainly slower than fibre optics. I like to see the multiple pictures loaded into the Media section of the forum. Much easier to find a certain picture you remember if they are there in an album and we also get to vote for them if they are there. So.... Single pics... Full size.... Multiple pics.... In an album in the Media section.... Multiple pics in a thread....not my preference either way they are posted....JMO

... as long as we have pictures, I am OK either way ...
... but as might be said about (news-stand) media ...
:angelic:
my official response will be ...
I only look at this site
"to read the articles"
(and not just look at the pictures)
;)

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Depends entirely on the size and number.

For single pics that are say around 1000px or under in height full size is fine. Multiple pics or larger pics in size I prefer thumbnails. Multiple big pics take a whiiiile to render on a mobile device depending on your connection speed/phone specs and cause all sorts of glitchiness so think of us poor guys who seldom have time to visit the forum on a desktop browser. :)

Thumbnails will always deliver a consistent experience on mobile or desktop hence why I usually vote for those.

Well seeing as I've been posting full size pics,I'll vote accordingly. Great thread Ziggy. I was curious about this myself awhile back.

I generally pick full image.
Here at work on the ship they load slow on my mobile and PC and viewing is slower too with 5 mps wifi and LAN but I like to see the pics in the thread. For me the thumbnails open in a new browser tab / window....which is no faster and a bit tedious.
At home in the world of good bandwidth.... I prefer the same.
The good news is I'm upgrading the bandwidth onboard to 10 mps in October. Yay :Biggrin:

Good thread Ziggy. :thumbs:

Reactions: YFCvii