Objects in the mirror just keep getting smaller
Casual User
Jan 15, 2021
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5 Z06
Province
AB
I am looking for some thoughts on going back to stock rims and tire sizes.....so am looking to hear thoughts from the Vette gurus on here. When I purchased my 2002 Z06, it came with 265/35R18 front tires and 295/30ZR 19 rear tires on C6 Z06 aftermarket black rims.

Should I stay with the 265/35R18 and 295/30ZR 19's ... or go back to the stock 17's and 18's? What are the pro's and/or cons of doing so?

The reason people they go with the big rims size because they need to upgrade to big brake C6 on C5..the stock rims they don't clear the space for The big brakes ..or they don't like the stock rims so they need to upgrade the look for the car.. .there is no problem to keep your C6 rims if you like them but same time you need to make sure what brake you have now in your car if they are big brake than you can't go back to stock rims 17 "or 18" .........and plus you don't need to spend money for no point

@Rescuerob there are a number of threads on here about your dilemma with tire/wheel size that have a great deal of information. I think your best bet would be to look at what is actually available for replacement tires for your Z06. What was popular 20 years ago is perhaps not today.

I have CCW wheels 19" front and back with Michelin Pilot Sports for my 03 Z06. I like to run the stock wheels as well and was fortunate to find Continentals to fit (within a size or two) in 17" and 18" rears. The CCW's were designed to take a big brake kit, a mod I have not yet done because the stock wheels will not work as @link9 has pointed out. So I would suggest to do some investigation on what tires are actually available for you to buy, lots of tires listed but do they actually exist.

Good luck with your search, lets us know what you find. Keep asking questions I am sure others will chime in as well. :thumbs:

@Rescuerob there are a number of threads on here about your dilemma with tire/wheel size that have a great deal of information. I think your best bet would be to look at what is actually available for replacement tires for your Z06. What was popular 20 years ago is perhaps not today.

I have CCW wheels 19" front and back with Michelin Pilot Sports for my 03 Z06. I like to run the stock wheels as well and was fortunate to find Continentals to fit (within a size or two) in 17" and 18" rears. The CCW's were designed to take a big brake kit, a mod I have not yet done because the stock wheels will not work as @link9 has pointed out. So I would suggest to do some investigation on what tires are actually available for you to buy, lots of tires listed but do they actually exist.

Good luck with your search, lets us know what you find. Keep asking questions I am sure others will chime in as well. :thumbs:
Thank you for the thoughts Black 03 Z06! I have a few things to think about for sure....:D

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I am looking for some thoughts on going back to stock rims and tire sizes.....so am looking to hear thoughts from the Vette gurus on here. When I purchased my 2002 Z06, it came with 265/35R18 front tires and 295/30ZR 19 rear tires on C6 Z06 aftermarket black rims.

Should I stay with the 265/35R18 and 295/30ZR 19's ... or go back to the stock 17's and 18's? What are the pro's and/or cons of doing so?
I don't feel much difference. Still firm ride in comparison. I still have the original 17and 18 rear and I'll the Michelins or Bridgeton. Most likely Bridgeton at Costco. Big price difference from Good Year run flat.

Reactions: Rescuerob
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.