my turn !!! , I like them turned down . Otherwise they look like something Volkswagon beetle would do ( sorry ! ) from the back it just looks like 4 round holes. Back in early 70's on my 58 and 67 Impala SS 396 I made "Y" 's for the tailpipes straight out the back and put flared end chrome tips on, the bell tips made the pipes look bigger from the back. I think Trans Am copied me later ( ha ha ) as they made the dual outlet pointing down. In the 58 I even painted the inside of the pipe body color ( kinda robin egg turquois ) and with the chrome outside of the tip it actually looked OK on the 58 and they stayed clean a long time before I repainted them. My Crossfire has them turned down.

View attachment 20126

XFIRE82 I hear you.. but,,,, Volks has like what 1" tubes on the Beetles? These are 2.5" and as you can see no room for anything else as I have at most 1/4" clearance.
This is the stock exhaust, shoved so high up in it's in the trunk 😂 so so room for flared tips or the likes, of which as you say are very 70's but not 80's
I think after all the trial and error it looks great and suits the body style.

Reactions: ddgermann
These are not Volkswagens...
Ferrari-250-GTO-Series-II.jpg
Always thought these early 250 GTO Ferraris looked good. Continued into the 458 GTO.Ferrari_458_GTO_REAR.jpg

Reactions: L83 and ddgermann
Main thing L83 is that you like the pipes and doesn't matter what someone else thinks, you are the one who did the work and it adds a little personal touch to a great looking car. ...:thumbs:...

Reactions: L83
this thread looks like it is completed, so not meant to derail it . I opened the door to my HotRod to show the pipes I got on it , many many years. I built the split headers 2 cyls to a 2.5" pipe x 4 = 10" of bark out the back. Chrome flared tips , very similar what I had on my 58 and 67 in the early 70's. Pics kinda dark, can't see them too good.

IM002993.JPG
IM002991.JPG

IM002992.JPG

OK so my .02 cents fwiw. I have seen other cars locally at shows with turn downs staright to the ground as the 1 picture depicted. Those might look cool, might sound ok...BUT...in a bit of a dusty parking lot they stir up a lot of dust which others then get all over there cars. A slight angle rear and down does not do the same effect but straight down..well...you will p off a bunch at some shows especially on grass or unpaved parking lots..just saying!!!! But it's your ride just giving some other perspective is all!!!

Nice car.....

Scott

OK so my .02 cents fwiw. I have seen other cars locally at shows with turn downs staright to the ground as the 1 picture depicted. Those might look cool, might sound ok...BUT...in a bit of a dusty parking lot they stir up a lot of dust which others then get all over there cars. A slight angle rear and down does not do the same effect but straight down..well...you will p off a bunch at some shows especially on grass or unpaved parking lots..just saying!!!! But it's your ride just giving some other perspective is all!!!

Nice car.....

Scott

Thanks Scott
I agree with you , last thing I want is a bunch of angry guys who spent hours cleaning their car...I know cause I'm on of them 😁
I ran them straight out the back and am very happy with the result now

I saw that picture so thought it was what you went with, but wasn't sure. They look good and as others said...a lot of exotics have them this way..and since the C4 has similar looks to some, it's not out of place for those quad tail pipes. If it was good for Ferrari, Lamborgini, Porsche and Maserati it'll be fine for the VETTE!!!:Biggrin:
Scott

Since I have the pipes where I wanted them, I went ahead and ceramic coated the exhaust pipes and mufflers to keep it clean looking from behind...
Also got my vanity plate this week 🤗

Attachments

• 504171B5-F65E-4D05-A08A-DC8204D858FA.jpeg
    504171B5-F65E-4D05-A08A-DC8204D858FA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.