YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
Curious (hope this isn't a repost as it didn't come up in a quick search) ...

Wondering how y'all are with those HUGE airbag labels on the visors of the C7? I didn't really notice or think much of it at first but after delivery day and during the Winter months, it has become a rather OCD 'sticky' point now that all I do is sit and daydream while in drivers seat waiting for Spring ... lol and argh!
It's also time spent to mainly test and understand the Apple CarPlay thing!

in my history of buying 20 new and different GM vehicles over the years, I sure don't remember noticing any label that appears this large on a visor. Maybe its a ratio thing with smaller visor & same size label ... but geez .. it grew to bug me over just a few months while I'm not even driving this gem. (so probably won't even be noticeable while driving)

SO rather than just my just being destructive about the topic, I found a CAN$40 (w/ shipping) remedy option on eBay. There is a Michigan Seller who has C7 visor patches that are an exact match to the swede material of the C7 - Z06 & 3LT. The Seller also has material match patches for the 1LT & 2LT visors. I took a chance and ordered a set and installed them on one of our warm winter chinook days. Since then, conscious relief for me as they make the darn labels 'disappear'. I see there are gimmick patch-over labels that are in the form of corvette sportscar parody, but I am rather persnickety and wanted something that appears to be a "fit-in" with the awesome interior.

I sure hope that I haven't started an OCD thing for anyone else over these labels but I am curious on how others have seen these labels as being annoying or not and has had success with other remedies ...

an eBay search of "corvette suede airbag" got me to these and search "corvette fabric airbag" for the non-suede 2014-2017 C7's patches. eBay Seller is 'woodyj2005' who has an awesome selling rating and really cares about the Buyer (for those who are eBay leery). I have a photo here from the eBay posting ...

no doubt some may notice these patches on my Stingray as I am planning to make it as a freshman to this year's (2017) Ponoka Meet and Greet ... Cheers!

Attachments

• $_57.jpg
    $_57.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
I hate those warning stickers so I took mine off as soon as I got the car home. Soaked a paper towel with paint thinner and placed it on saran wrap. I then taped the edges of the saran wrap around the sticker, onto the visor and left it for about 30 minutes. I took off the saran wrap with the paper towel and peeled off the sticker. The little bit of glue residue game off with goo gone.

The first thing I did was remove these things as well from my visors: goo be gone, small brush, hair dryer & old face cloth - heat label with hair dryer moving back and forth -slowly starting at a corner pulling label from visor while heating label with H.D. - go slowly -as you get label free apply heat under label as you pull it off. When off you need to remove glue left behind on the visor: liberally apply goo-be-gone with face cloth & let stand for a few minutes -use another face cloth to remove a bit at a time the glue residue -apply heat as you are doing this. Use a fine bristled brush with goo-be-gone and heat rubbing from edge to edge to help loosen the residual glue on the visor. It takes about 2 hrs of gentle work to get the labels and glue off the visor. I hope this make sense? I went through the same process with my 03 C5. Oh, maybe wear gloves as you are working with a hair dryer constantly.

The first thing I did was remove these things as well from my visors: goo be gone, small brush, hair dryer & old face cloth - heat label with hair dryer moving back and forth -slowly starting at a corner pulling label from visor while heating label with H.D. - go slowly -as you get label free apply heat under label as you pull it off. When off you need to remove glue left behind on the visor: liberally apply goo-be-gone with face cloth & let stand for a few minutes -use another face cloth to remove a bit at a time the glue residue -apply heat as you are doing this. Use a fine bristled brush with goo-be-gone and heat rubbing from edge to edge to help loosen the residual glue on the visor. It takes about 2 hrs of gentle work to get the labels and glue off the visor. I hope this make sense? I went through the same process with my 03 C5. Oh, maybe wear gloves as you are working with a hair dryer constantly.

Great play by play instructional J. Other than the label being gone, can you tell you removed it...If you're like me, is there a way to screw up badly and regret trying? lol... I'm always nervous I do something like that and end up having to order new parts and kicking myself in the a$$. It took me 2 hours to install my rockers... An hour and forty-five for the first side and 15 minutes for the other...lol...

Awesome responses so far y'all :Seeya:
My concern also was screwing up with a result that was far worse than the cause :Banghead: - especially with the suede fabric.
It's my only reason why went the "sticker" resolve - but would not have done it if there wasn't the suede fabric match.
So I am grateful to have shared and envy those with such success in their remedies.
Darn it anyway ... just another thing added to my loved one's list when diagnosing me with OCD :Shifty: but ...
there's a purpose behind such madness and I gonna "stick" with needing it fixed!
:Cheers2: y'all

Last edited:
Awesome responses so far y'all :Seeya:
My concern also was screwing up with a result that was far worse than the cause :Banghead: - especially with the suede fabric.
It's my only reason why went the "sticker" resolve - but would not have done it if there wasn't the suede fabric match.
So I am grateful to have shared and envy those with such success in their remedies.
Darn it anyway ... just another thing added to my loved one's list when diagnosing me with OCD :Shifty: but ...
there's a purpose behind such madness and I gonna "stick" with needing it fixed!
:Cheers2: y'all

Is OCD not a key characteristic of any serious Corvette owner? When I traded my 2014 in on my 2017 the salesperson opened the hood on the 2014 and looked in. He said "you people are all the same, truly sick." Of course the underhood area glistened despite the 39,000 km. Working on the 2017 engine bay now. Factory folks left some dust on it and all the rubber needs to be polished. Thanks for the great instructions on the sticker removal. Procrastinated removing them on the 2014 for the reasons mentioned above even though they drove me crazy. Glad to hear that it is just a matter of heat, patience and Goo Gone. Good spring project before I put the road insurance back on. Thanks for the suggestions and instructions.

Wondering how y'all are with those HUGE airbag labels on the visors of the C7? I didn't really notice or think much of it at first but after delivery day and during the Winter months, it has become a rather OCD 'sticky' point now that all I do is sit and daydream while in drivers seat waiting for Spring ... lol and argh!

in my history of buying 20 new and different GM vehicles over the years, I sure don't remember noticing any label that appears this large on a visor. Maybe its a ratio thing with smaller visor & same size label ... but geez .. it grew to bug me over just a few months while I'm not even driving this gem. (so probably won't even be noticeable while driving)

SO rather than just my just being destructive about the topic, I found a CAN$40 (w/ shipping) remedy option on eBay. There is a Michigan Seller who has C7 visor patches that are an exact match to the swede material of the C7 - Z06 & 3LT. The Seller also has material match patches for the 1LT & 2LT visors. I took a chance and ordered a set and installed them on one of our warm winter chinook days. Since then, conscious relief for me as they make the darn labels 'disappear'. I see there are gimmick patch-over labels that are in the form of corvette sportscar parody, but I am rather persnickety and wanted something that appears to be a "fit-in" with the awesome interior.

I sure hope that I haven't started an OCD thing for anyone else over these labels but I am curious on how others have seen these labels as being annoying or not and has had success with other remedies ...

an eBay search of "corvette suede airbag" got me to these and search "corvette fabric airbag" for the non-suede 2014-2017 C7's patches. eBay Seller is 'woodyj2005' who has an awesome selling rating and really cares about the Buyer (for those who are eBay leery). I have a photo here from the eBay posting ...

no doubt some may notice these patches on my Stingray as I am planning to make it as a freshman to this year's (2017) Ponoka Meet and Greet ... Cheers!

Can't wait for the get together again this year. Should be even bigger and better than last year. We will see you there!

The passenger side will peel off but the drivers side is heat transferred.

I hate those labels on the visors as well: I removed them from my 03 vert and my new 2016 C7 vert - I posted the tedious method for doing so on CCF a while back because the topic came up. All you need is: a hair dryer, Goo be Gone, a medium brush, clean cloths, patience and elbow grease!!

Reactions: Riley P
Is OCD not a key characteristic of any serious Corvette owner? When I traded my 2014 in on my 2017 the salesperson opened the hood on the 2014 and looked in. He said "you people are all the same, truly sick." Of course the underhood area glistened despite the 39,000 km. Working on the 2017 engine bay now. Factory folks left some dust on it and all the rubber needs to be polished. Thanks for the great instructions on the sticker removal. Procrastinated removing them on the 2014 for the reasons mentioned above even though they drove me crazy. Glad to hear that it is just a matter of heat, patience and Goo Gone. Good spring project before I put the road insurance back on. Thanks for the suggestions and instructions.
U R right about OCD and vette owners: I clean the engine compartment, under the hood etc. - very easy as it does not get that dirty; especially with the few miles I drive it every year - even though I drive it every day during the summer - but, don't go very far. I am too far from any of the corvette clubs; ergo, no opportunity to go on cruises. I am not quite as meticulous with my SUV; however, I do try to look after it. When I had a boat (Searay) I was very OCD as well. What can I say: I worked hard for the money to buy my toys - so, I look after them.

Looks like you traded your 2014 in for a GS. I'd love to do the same but my wife would kill me. I only have 4000km on mine right now. I love the color combo you chose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.