Featured Thread
Drove my new C8 130 KM home this morning. I took as many back winding roads as I could find. It was exhilarating!!
As I have mentioned before I haven't had a C7 so I can only compare it to my C6 Z06. It is a much more comfortable ride.
Neither car has magnetic ride but the C8 is like sitting in an armchair and just steering. Vastly improved over the bumps and railroad tracks.
I was ready for an automatic and the DTC is incredible in it's shifting. The HP is in the same range but the C8 doesn't leap forward when it
hits 2nd gear like the manual does, I kinda missed that. The Z06 2nd gear is very quick from about 30 to 100 kph. I am glad I kept the Z06
as it will be nice to feel that torque when I take it out in 2nd gear. The manual and the auto are definitely very different rides.
The fit and finish of the C8 is impeccable, all my panels fit as they should.
As many have mentioned before me the audio system is superb, even though I usually only listen to 60s on 6!! lol
I have the 3LT and it is magnificent. Corvette interiors used to be their weakest link, but this one is stunning.
I am very pleased with the C8 and can't wait to put more miles on the odometer.

Attachments

• ICE3aiJxQ2+eyTAM95+Emg.jpg
    ICE3aiJxQ2+eyTAM95+Emg.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 139
  • 4gQ+teSJS42qIDfmdIF6MQ.jpg
    4gQ+teSJS42qIDfmdIF6MQ.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 147
  • cKA59DimRRK%YX5m+E2mgw.jpg
    cKA59DimRRK%YX5m+E2mgw.jpg
    357.9 KB · Views: 154
Nice! I like the 2-tone seats. Perhaps you'll get more torque after the 800 km break-in period. Let us know then how your C8 compares to the C6.
Please don't think that I'm complaining. The C8 is quicker 0 to 100 than the Z06 even though I'm only making one shift.
I can't shift anywhere near as quickly as the DCT.
I am just trying to point out it is a different ride. I understand where the manual gearbox diehards are coming from when
they wish a manual was available. The engine roar as you downshift at a stop sign and such.
The manual trans you're driving, the auto is almost self driven. Signs of things to come.

Reactions: ABC
Drove my new C8 130 KM home this morning. I took as many back winding roads as I could find. It was exhilarating!!
As I have mentioned before I haven't had a C7 so I can only compare it to my C6 Z06. It is a much more comfortable ride.
Neither car has magnetic ride but the C8 is like sitting in an armchair and just steering. Vastly improved over the bumps and railroad tracks.
I was ready for an automatic and the DTC is incredible in it's shifting. The HP is in the same range but the C8 doesn't leap forward when it
hits 2nd gear like the manual does, I kinda missed that. The Z06 2nd gear is very quick from about 30 to 100 kph. I am glad I kept the Z06
as it will be nice to feel that torque when I take it out in 2nd gear. The manual and the auto are definitely very different rides.
As many have mentioned before me the audio system is superb, even though I usually only listen to 60s on 6!! lol
I have the 3LT and it is magnificent. Corvette interiors used to be their weakest link, but this one is stunning.
I LOVE THE COLOR COMBO! Beautiful car - enjoy the ride!!

Reactions: Blu427
Enjoy your C8 Corvette as much as you enjoy your C6 Corvette. 😁👍🏻

I enjoy my “not hers” Red non-magride C7 as much as I do “my not his” Blue magride C7, and also enjoy my magride ride 6.2 Sierra - each for their differences and purpose. Now that I have O.C.D. I need a larger garage in order to be a multiple c-gen owner 😁👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: Blu427
Break it in for true performance capability. At present you are restricted.
Cheers!

Reactions: BDK
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.