This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

this is neat

Wow doesn't that bring back some memories -- The big eyebrows of the '59 and '60 chevs. The BelAir would be nice -- slightly upscale from the Biscayne but just under the top dog Impala.....Beauty cars and this one with a 348.
Hard to believe I was just 12 when GM brought that out in late '59 ...

Can't say I ever saw many 2-doors tho. Unique to me.
Thanks for sharing Doug.

C.

I had an uncle who always had standard transmissions. His dump trucks were standard and his family vehicles were all three on the tree. In '59, he splurged and bought a new Chev with the automatic. After a few months, he was in Lakefield and something screwed up and he could only get reverse. He drove it in reverse the 8-9 miles from Lakefield back to Warsaw. He got it to Peterborough and promptly traded it in for a 1960 with....you guessed it.....a three on the tree. Funny memories from the old days. A 348 car would be neat to have. We go through Round Lake Centre on our way to Petawawa where our Son lives.

brings back memories, my Dad sold a white 2dr '61 Bel-Air - 348 stick car with A/C brand new to a dairy cattle farmer friend of his, Charlie had a bit of a wild side ....

Both those cars were the way a lot of musclecars were ordered. Just the go fast stuff and nothing extra to add weight. You want stereo......listen to the dual exhaust. Best sound going. You probably won't be able to hear the radio anyway. That 454 should make a pretty good performer out of that '64.

Users who are viewing this thread