My thought is that this will start a thread devoted to informational videos (not "review videos"; those will come out soon with more test drives) about the new version of the C8 "dynasty": the 2023 Z06. In this first one, "the kid" (Austin Everett aka Speed Phenom) is at it again; this time he's providing you with his explanation/thoughts on the Z06 both with and without the Z07 track package. A fairly good and recent (November 24/21) video for those of you looking for more info about GM's opening salvo to the "Supercars" already out there:

Here's another recent (November 23/21) video, this one from "Brink of Speed" (Mike Brink) where he provides an interesting comparison between the Z06 and the "European Supercars". I think he's just a tad biased but he does make some good points and the comparative stats are what they are. IMO the Z06 stats will likely improve once people start testing them, given GM's habit of underselling its performance measurements, as it did with the C8 Stingray with and without the Z51 package: the actual 0 to 60 times were .1 second faster than advertised at 2.8 instead of 2.9, and 2.9 instead of 3.0 respectively. But hey, I suppose that comment forecasting better Z06 stats shows MY bias; lol. But there can be NO argument about the likely price difference!

Reactions: Vettman
no lock nuts on those wheels...this might be the 1st C8 Z06 to loose it's wheels

Locking lug nuts might deter some kids, but most tire/rim thieves readily get through them. I worry about anyone who gets the ++ expensive carbon fiber rims on their Z06 or even the expensive Michelin Sport Cup 2 R tires with the Z07 package. Those will attract thieves.

Although not a video, I found this article ++ interesting for its detailed info about the construction of the Z06's hand-assembled LT6 engine. Oddly enough, the article is written by the website-based watch review/info "Watchonista", which was invited to tour the Bowling Green Corvette Performance Build Center. For example: it explains that there are 30 Engine Builders and they're not judged by how many engines they're able to produce in a day but rather, how well their engines are made quality/performance-wise, with a year-end award going to the person who makes the most engines w/o any issues...and when the article was done in October 2021, the "current streak is at ten engines in a row without a single hitch." A good article worth reading, IMO. Enjoy:

Reactions: OL Yeller
Although not a video, I found this article ++ interesting for its detailed info about the construction of the Z06's hand-assembled LT6 engine. Oddly enough, the article is written by the website-based watch review/info "Watchonista", which was invited to tour the Bowling Green Corvette Performance Build Center. For example: it explains that there are 30 Engine Builders and they're not judged by how many engines they're able to produce in a day but rather, how well their engines are made quality/performance-wise, with a year-end award going to the person who makes the most engines w/o any issues...and when the article was done in October 2021, the "current streak is at ten engines in a row without a single hitch." A good article worth reading, IMO. Enjoy:

If available to Canadians I may opt to go down and build mine

I suspect it will be possible for Canadians since unlike the museum delivery experience, there won't be any "out-of-country" vehicle insurance/registration complications. I'd LOVE to do that as well however work won't permit it; I'll be lucky especially with Omicron, to attend the Ron Fellows school next month...and take another week off to go again next year (?) for the Z06. If you do go Gilles create a thread with a complete report about your build experience, including pics! Keep us posted.

Reactions: Gilles27

I suspect it will be possible for Canadians since unlike the museum delivery experience, there won't be any "out-of-country" vehicle insurance/registration complications. I'd LOVE to do that as well however work won't permit it; I'll be lucky especially with Omicron, to attend the Ron Fellows school next month...and take another week off to go again next year (?) for the Z06. If you do go Gilles create a thread with a complete report about your build experience, including pics! Keep us posted.

Good luck at the school
iOS Image - 2721144332.jpg

Good luck at the schoolView attachment 91547

Here's another recent (November 23/21) video, this one from "Brink of Speed" (Mike Brink) where he provides an interesting comparison between the Z06 and the "European Supercars". I think he's just a tad biased but he does make some good points and the comparative stats are what they are. IMO the Z06 stats will likely improve once people start testing them, given GM's habit of underselling its performance measurements, as it did with the C8 Stingray with and without the Z51 package: the actual 0 to 60 times were .1 second faster than advertised at 2.8 instead of 2.9, and 2.9 instead of 3.0 respectively. But hey, I suppose that comment forecasting better Z06 stats shows MY bias; lol. But there can be NO argument about the likely price difference!

It is a very nice car. It is a head turner. It is cheaper than "european supercars". It is not a Mclaren. That is not a negative, it is just the reality. Point is that it's a false dichotomy for people to compare the C8 to "supercars". They each have their place. Each has it's strengths and it's weaknesses. They appeal to different buying groups.

It is a very nice car. It is a head turner. It is cheaper than "european supercars". It is not a Mclaren. That is not a negative, it is just the reality. Point is that it's a false dichotomy for people to compare the C8 to "supercars". They each have their place. Each has it's strengths and it's weaknesses. They appeal to different buying groups.
It all depends on your definition of Supercar. To an owner of an 1100 horsepower Bugatti his might be the only one.
To me and many "ordinary folk" I meet, the C8 is a super car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.