Dik

Regular
May 7, 2014
St. Albert
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z51 Convertible
I stumbled across a two hour documentary about Bruce McLaren last night. It played on Starz TV channel. It was really well done so I highly recommend it to any sports car fan or a racing history buff.
FYI, there is a fair amount of footage from Mosport with stories how important Mosport was to McLaren's career and car development. Honestly, I was a little disappointed to find there was zero footage and not even a mention about Edmonton Speedway Park. I did attend a few CAN-AM races as a ~10 year old.

I'm sure it can be found on a streaming service somewhere.

Cheers and check it out!
:Cheers2:

Bruce was a talented man, his brand lived on for years, continues to do so, there is magic in the McLaren name.

He lost his life in a freak accident when the rear body work came off his Can Am car during a test session in England. It was similar to what happened to Mark Donohue with his Can Am Porsche 917 10 at Atlanta. Mark survived that one. Cannot be many race series where McLaren's have not been champions.

Thanks for letting us know of the existence of this movie, will have to source it out. :thumbs:

02b15a736863b62739667407bb71ccd1.jpg

McLaren-CanAm.jpg
17035872090_7edb4fa48e_b.jpg

Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.