Mar 4, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Little red 2020 C8
Province
ON
We bought a squirrel proof bird feeder 3 days ago and one really nasty squirrel set out to prove it wasn't!

1685887471907.png

We bought a squirrel proof bird feeder 3 days ago and one really nasty squirrel set out to prove it wasn't!

View attachment 109858

Damn. You have big 'squirrels' there Murray. We have black squirrels out here as well but they tend to be somewhat smaller than yours... I have bought and sold some 'squirrel' traps and could keep my eye for one if you like....

1685888106369.png

Bullets are worth more than the feeder lol
If you buy them bulk in the US and smuggle them into Canada, you can get them for about $3.00 per round. So, head shoot the squirrel, skin it and sell the hide to a trapper for a buck, and take the meat home and make stew and combined it almost pays for the round. ;)

Until the 50 cal was rendered illegal by the Order in Council, rounds were typically around $5.00 each. However match grade 750 grain can run upwards of $15.00 a round.

I just want Yogi to move his picinic basket elsewhere! LOL
Too late for that. He'll be back to his new picnic grounds soon enough and when there's no treats for him, he will be up on your deck thinking about how good supper smells behind the glass..As Mr. Fudd would say "be vewy vewy quiet"

Awwwww.... he's pretty cute... Right up until he decides he wants to live in your attic... lol
Had one 10yrs ago eat it's way through the plastic roof vent into my attic.
Bought a live cage, and took it up there.
Later that day, he found his way into it for the peanut prize at the end.
He went for a ride, and my new roof has steel vents.

View attachment 109858
Good for knowing why we might come across these “bird-proof squirrel feeders” on roll-back at WalMart. 👌🏻🙂

Not feeding it but our yard has a mean squirrel that just loves to chase the Magpies away. I’m good with that.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.