Apr 25, 2013
VetteCoins
Hi . All C5 owner have problem with that part HVAC control .. why there is no new one or even after market ?? You must to buy use one to replace why there no new one to buy ???

Hi . All C5 owner have problem with that part HVAC control .. why there is no new one or even after market ?? You must to buy use one to replace why there no new one to buy ???
Not the only one...I sold my C5 last year when I bought my C7...a few years ago I needed a fuel line that went from the one fuel pump to the front...and GM had discontinued it! Very frustrating. I googled & found a couple of Vette scrapyards in the US, and wound up getting a good used part at a reasonable price. This is nothing new...when I had my C3, they had poorly designed gas tanks with plastic liners that would crack and then when the tanks got corroded they would start leaking. GM's solution...discontinue them! Again I had to source out a used part. Good luck!

Try this, is this what you are looking for?

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
Try this, is this what you are looking for?
Sorry I should have clued into this...I actually bought this very unit from Corvette Depot a year before I sold my C5, and had my mechanic install it. The old unit was working but the display was so faded you couldn't read what temp it was set at. The rebuilt unit worked great. I've had much luck with C/Depot...very nice people to deal with.

Thanks guys but that weird there is cars older more than that and still have all parts available ..C5 have nice looking car but will nothing we can do ..

Corvette parts are unique in most cases. Pretty easy to understand why certain parts are not available. Try getting stuff for an H1 Hummer. At least you can buy a C6, C7 or C8 to get back into the realm of current parts. Not an option for me and my Hummer. :)

Thought Jim and rfh928 each gave you a really good reply and solved your problem. A simple "thanks" is likey a better response than sarcasm.

Reactions: rfh928
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.