Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
So, watching motor trend, I love how the Corvette had typically walked on the Porsche. It seem like Porsche is a lot of money for the performance, however, in hearing their impression of the 911 Turbo S, it seems Porsche has made an insanely capable car. Most impressive is that they stated that it actually lifted the front tires off the ground at the drag strip. Wow.
I'd most likely never buy a Porsche but that's pretty awesome.

As much as I'm a Corvette guy. And I really have been since I was 15 when I got my first ride in a blue 76. Not as fortunate to have owned various years as some of you guys and gals,nor the performance upgrades I'd like to have done to mine but for what it's worth,I'm happy to have one. But moving on,

A friend of mine has a 2012 Carrera 4S and I've driven it on the Radium Hwy 2 years ago. It's a different driving experience. It's quick!! Really quick but a "different" type of quick. The $$ spent on these cars isn't just for the name,it's for what you don't see underneath. There is something about jumping into one for the first time. The sound and "feel" of closing the drivers door. Starting it up,the sound behind you. The Quality,comfort,ease of controls,sight lines and "feel" through the wheel is unlike my Z. There is a section of corners on that road that are really nice in it at a nice clip !! It's a strange feeling at first feeling like your being "pushed" but after a day of ripping around,It's a really pleasant driving experience and nowhere near the interior tire noise I get either. We've both got the same Pilot PS2 Zero Pressure skins too.

So again,for what it's worth,I can only imagine what the new Turbo S is like. If I had disposable income,I'd be all over adding one to my " if I ever won the lottery " dream car collection. Nothing wrong with being a fan of other brands. Not for me anyway.

And no,I'm not drinking !! Wasn't at Jeremiads place last night !!

The 911 is certainly an iconic car. They probably have more of a link with the past than most cars including the Corvette. Mark Donohue was a hero of mine so whatever he raced I liked, maybe not bought but liked. The original IROC of Champions Porsche 911's were pretty stout race cars and you occasionally find one of them for sale. Donohue had his own personal 911 that he modified for "spirited" touring. He had that car in Europe when he was racing F1. It was stolen out of a hotel parking lot and as far as I know never recovered. That would be a car I would love to own

Great write up Riley and Mike.

4785.jpeg

The 911 is certainly an iconic car. They probably have more of a link with the past than most cars including the Corvette. Mark Donohue was a hero of mine so whatever he raced I liked, maybe not bought but liked. The original IROC of Champions Porsche 911's were pretty stout race cars and you occasionally find one of them for sale. Donohue had his own personal 911 that he modified for "spirited" touring. He had that car in Europe when he was racing F1. It was stolen out of a hotel parking lot and as far as I know never recovered. That would be a car I would love to own

Great write up Riley and Mike.

View attachment 11918
Is that the one that got stolen Murray? That example of the 911 is gorgeous.

I'm more of a Porsche guy.... My father was/is into them since the early 1980's. I love manuals and Porsche is one of the last too offer them now. I had a Corrado VR6 for awhile. Someone backed into it.... Needed new door. Picked up a Corrado at the insurance auction in Seattle dirt cheap. My brother and I saw an ok shape 914 Porsche and we did a crazy cheap bid on it. No "reserve". Shocked that we won the bid. $75 dollars plus fee's. So just over $200 US...... Sold it for $1200 US. It was the six version too....... like this one: 1970 Porsche 914 | eBay I wish we kept it now....... But that's what I like about used Porsches. They stop depreciating and you can even make money on them. Never lost money on a used Porsche yet......... Between me and my brother think we've owned 25 plus 928's, and just as many 911's and even 944's. Our friend does 928's on the side mechanic wise. Over at his shop one day. Of the seven 928's at his shop. My brother and I, once owned six of them there!

Nothing wrong with your likes max.... and you're not the only P-car guy that hangs around and chats with us...

I think I posted this a long time ago but I see the need for re-posting it now....

A girl came to my door the other day and asked if I had any odd jobs
she could do to earn some money. I do appreciate people who at least try
to work so I told her I would hire her to paint my porch and to come back
tomorrow.

So I went to the hardware store and picked up a gallon of paint, a couple rollers
and brushes and set them out on the porch.

Next morning she shows up right on time. I pointed around back and told her where all the
supplies were and I would be working in the house at my computer if she needed
anything.
Well... about an hour later she knocks on the door and tells me she's all finished.

I thought "Wow, that was pretty quick", but thanked her and gave her $ 40.00 anyway
and she headed off down the street.

Then all of a sudden she stops and turns around and yells
back to me with...." Hey Mister. By the way it's not a Porch, it's a Corvette"........

I just like P-cars more because they hold value used market..... The "performance" is not bad either....... Vette is similar thanks to their popularity. I just wait until they hold value in the used market...... Not a new car guy unless it can pay for itself in the USA market. Hence my "company" vehicle is a 2018 Ford F150.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.