Featured Thread
May 15, 2016
VetteCoins
Car
2009 C6 coupe
Just in time for the weekend. A couple great guys putting the finishing touches on the different tint and the halo wrap. I also did the spoiler, weather tech mats, gm low profile splash
20170503_213408.jpg
guards and a body colored license plate surround a couple weeks ago. I think it all turned out good. A couple underhood mods and a dyno session turned out awesome too! Bring on the sun and roads with no rocks to ding up the windshield lol!

Looking good! I was hoping to have a few things done to the ol' summer beater prior to coming out (nothing super exciting) but some parts haven't shown up in time and my mechanic friend bailed on me due to stuff out of his control so. Boo-urns. I'll just have to bring the usual looking C5.

Just in time for the weekend. A couple great guys putting the finishing touches on the different tint and the halo wrap. I also did the spoiler, weather tech mats, gm low profile splashView attachment 8163 guards and a body colored license plate surround a couple weeks ago. I think it all turned out good. A couple underhood mods and a dyno session turned out awesome too! Bring on the sun and roads with no rocks to ding up the windshield lol!

That's nice !!

Reactions: Tinman
Looking good! I was hoping to have a few things done to the ol' summer beater prior to coming out (nothing super exciting) but some parts haven't shown up in time and my mechanic friend bailed on me due to stuff out of his control so. Boo-urns. I'll just have to bring the usual looking C5.
Yeah, but it's still a vette. It already looks sweet lol!

I have to say the halo looks very good. Coincidentally, when I got my car it only had GM front splash guards and nothing on the back so I bought some inexpensive clip-ons for the rear as you can easily see where the stone chips form on the inner lip of the rear wheelwell. Anyway, they were inexpensive for a reason and both cracked around the clips in a year so this week I had the GM set installed, which look much better. However, as the GM parts are only sold in sets for 4, I have a pair of unused front ones if anyone is interested!

Just in time for the weekend. A couple great guys putting the finishing touches on the different tint and the halo wrap. I also did the spoiler, weather tech mats, gm low profile splashView attachment 8163 guards and a body colored license plate surround a couple weeks ago. I think it all turned out good. A couple underhood mods and a dyno session turned out awesome too! Bring on the sun and roads with no rocks to ding up the windshield lol!
Looks great but is that tint legal?

Looks great but is that tint legal?
No shade of tint on the side windows is actually legal. Use at your own risk. Sure keeps temps down though. Not near as dark as it appears. You can see right through the car outside. The back is a limo the sides are very light in comparison.

No shade of tint on the side windows is actually legal. Use at your own risk. Sure keeps temps down though. Not near as dark as it appears. You can see right through the car outside. The back is a limo the sides are very light in comparison.
I really like the look - great job!

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Tinman,Does the place you got that done refer to the levels of tint in percentage? 5% being limo tint and 90% being almost clear.

Reason being is i saw a nice level of tint on an WRX last week. I asked the kid the percentage he had and said they dont go by that term anymore. He said they go by a " V " level now. His was a V7 i think.

Tinman,Does the place you got that done refer to the levels of tint in percentage? 5% being limo tint and 90% being almost clear.

Reason being is i saw a nice level of tint on an WRX last week. I asked the kid the percentage he had and said they dont go by that term anymore. He said they go by a " V " level now. His was a V7 i think.

Everyone I know still goes by percentage. But if there is any other terminology proform will know of it for sure.

I have the same colour...what type of wrap did you use on the roof....I was thinking of carbon fibre look. Is the halo the piece between the back window and roof?

Your car looks great!

Last edited:
If a stock engine, how much did the dyno session gain you?

If a stock engine, how much did the dyno session gain you?
The halo is between the roof and trunk yes. I did mine in gloss black to match the roof and window tint. It looks amazing. As for the dyno tune and a couple bolt ons...the gain was significant. I posted the numbers here somewhere but it was about 40-50 each..hp/tq.

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread