Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
For all those that disconnected their main battery, then lost their clock on the Nav unit, a fix has been found and is downloadble to a CD-R

I know it works because I burned the file on the CD, and loaded it on my Nav unit.
https://tis2web.akamai.gm.com/radio/..._05_10_fix.zip
Open the link to access the .KWI file.
The file you downloaded is a compressed Zip file, that has to be unzipped, or uncompressed first, before you burn the CD.
Once you unzip the file burn the .KWI file onto a CD-R
Follow these instructions:
Burn the LOADING.KWI to a BLANK CD-R. Once this is completely burned and finished, go to your Corvette

#1 Make sure the vehicle is outside and the engine is running.

#2 On the radio display, press the Open/Close Faceplate Key

#3 Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key. Insert the Software Update CD-R Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot

The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 2 minutes. The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.
1573434358015.png

Once you see the Corvette logo, remove the update disc and REINSTALL YOUR MAP DISC!
You will see the clock now also appears on the Corvette logo Splash Screen. This was not on the old Screen.
Splash Screen.jpg

clock back.jpg

Good Luck.

Last edited:
For all those that disconnected their main battery, then lost their clock on the Nav unit, a fix has been found and is downloadble to a CD-R

I know it works because I burned the file on the CD, and loaded it on my Nav unit.
The file you downloaded is a compressed Zip file, that has to be unzipped, or uncompressed first, before you burn the CD.
Burn the LOADING.KWI to a BLANK CD-R. Once this is completely burned and finished, go to your Corvette

#3 Eject the map disc by pressing DVD Map Database Eject Key. Insert the Software Update CD-R Disc in the DVD Map Database Slot

The update will start automatically. You will see a progress bar on the screen. The update takes about 2 minutes. The vehicle logo will be seen once the update is completed.
View attachment 33388
Once you see the Corvette logo, remove the update disc and REINSTALL YOUR MAP DISC!

You will see the clock now also appears on the Corvette logo Splash Screen. This was not on the old Screen.

Good Luck.
Great post and link man. Gonna be some happy C6 owners out there. :thumbs: If you would, posting this once more in the General Tech and DIY questions forum section would be great as well. Thanks.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Nice, Thanks for posting! I still have the stock deck in my Z06 and it suffered from this. The last three desktop PC I build don't have a CD drive, nor does the laptop, but good thing I keep the older computers, should still have a CD-R.
Jeff

Nice, Thanks for posting! I still have the stock deck in my Z06 and it suffered from this. The last three desktop PC I build don't have a CD drive, nor does the laptop, but good thing I keep the older computers, should still have a CD-R.
Jeff
If you can download the file onto a USB stick, any library will be happy to help to burn it to a CD-R with their computers.

• Informative
Reactions: vt65 and Rruuff Day
Just did the update and it worked!!! Make sure you burn the file to a cdr disc and not a DVD disc. My bad. It took me abit to figure this out. And then once your radio is updated and has a gps signal, the clock comes back!! Feels pretty good after no clock for a year.

Thanks

Reactions: vt65

View attachment 33388
View attachment 33399
View attachment 33400

Good Luck.
WOW...thanks! This place is great. I just noticed today that my clock was not there anymore. Had no idea why, for how long it's been missing and for sure didn't make the connection that it was caused by loss of power when I replaced the battery a while ago. ....that is until I read this...thanks again!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Thanks for your post. My problem is slightly different; I have the clock but it won't save the Region Setting; it kept changing back to East Coast for time zone. I changed it to Pacific time zone, clock is working fine until the next time you start the vehicle... Do you know if this will solve the problem I have?

View attachment 33388
View attachment 33399
View attachment 33400

Good Luck.

Thanks for your post. My problem is slightly different; I have the clock but it won't save the Region Setting; it kept changing back to East Coast for time zone. I changed it to Pacific time zone, clock is working fine until the next time you start the vehicle... Do you know if this will solve the problem I have?
That is a different problem, and one that seems to be common in 08 vettes, for an unknown reason. Many have tried numerous ideas, methods, and nothing seems to fix it. My buddy has a 2008 Z06 with a Nav with the same issue as you have.
He lost the clock, so I made him a CDR with the fix, and he got his clock back. I never thought to ask him if it solved the time zone issue. Since Covid, he has seldom had it out of his garage. The next time I'm talking to him, I'll ask him.
You can try running the fix CDR and see if it does fix it.

I ran the fix CDR, didn't solve my problem. Another interesting observation, there was a saved Home address, deleted it and entered my home address, saved it. When I go and start my car next time, the region setting went back to East Coast, and daylight savings time box is unchecked; the old Home address also came back...

Anyone else has the same problem?

Thanks.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread