Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi all. There have been times when driving in the car, with all the noise coming from the Targa Top, that it felt more like I was driving an old beater than the Vette. I had read on this forum the cure for a noisy, squeaky targa top, which my C7 suffered from, more so in cooler weather (in warm weather, it usually didn’t make noise) and finally tried it for myself today. I put in two 8mm O rings on both of the front posts in the top and just like that, the noise has disappeared! Today was a good test, as it was only around 10 degrees when I was out and about, so the noise would have definitely been there prior to putting the O rings in. Fingers crossed that this fix will remain effective.

Hi all. There have been times when driving in the car, with all the noise coming from the Targa Top, that it felt more like I was driving an old beater than the Vette. I had read on this forum the cure for a noisy, squeaky targa top, which my C7 suffered from, more so in cooler weather (in warm weather, it usually didn’t make noise) and finally tried it for myself today. I put in two 8mm O rings on both of the front posts in the top and just like that, the noise has disappeared! Today was a good test, as it was only around 10 degrees when I was out and about, so the noise would have definitely been there prior to putting the O rings in. Fingers crossed that this fix will remain effective.

Just came across this..... everyonce in a while I do get a bit of noise from the targa, especially over rougher roads..... going to try your suggestiom and maybe even a shot of the silicone spray.

From what I am lead to believe, it can be a common issue with 2014, 2015
and part of 2016 releases that lead to a change
in the removable top hardware as of the mid-2016 C7 coupe builds.
My 2016 Ray was mid-2016 and has the new factory top hardware (pins & whatnot).
We have solid colour tops, a transparent top and an exposed carbon fibre top and
I do not have any issue with them. Happy you have found a resolve for the earlier
model hardware issue.

Reactions: Dale124
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread