Jan 19, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8
Province
ON
A lot of people are talking about upcoming models, especially the Z06. The thing is, none of the models we are familiar with offer hybrid power or all wheel drive. Obviously, a hybrid would capture both and take this machine well upwards of 1K hp.

So if you aren't familiar, GM copyrighted the name "E-Ray" back in 2016 I believe, and renewed that copyright in spring of '18 or '19. Sorry my recall on the dates isnt precise, but everything else I'm telling you is.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. While everyone is talking about the performance models we know, I'm planning on putting a rez on the upcoming Vette hybrid. I feel confident that the hybrid is coming and that it will be a new model under the Vette brand. Some think that THIS will be the Zora.

What do you think?

Reactions: turbozig
Because I think this car will be expensive, possibly numbered, amd prossibly DOUBLE the hp of the next fastest model beneath it.

I'm gonna have 2 C8's! LOL this wife of mine is gonna beat the snot out of me

that's right, he would be Mid Engine with an electric front. This is part of the explanation why it has two trunks currently
And here I was thinking that the trunks were "his" and "hers"
Aside from that we are going to be full electric some day.
So a hybrid would just be a stepping stone to that end. Oil will fade away as the means to power our vehicles but it is so useful for any number of other things like plastics. And NO, plastics will not go away. Look at the labels on your clothes.
Personal thinking is that hybrids are actually worst that an ice power plant as it necessitates two drive systems and more weight = more potential problems.
Stay ICE until a full conversion to E-Ray.

then maybe an E-Ray could be more so what you propose as the long term future, full electric? that's interesting! seems like a more distant future to me, but no reason it couldnt be something achieved in the C8. Awesome.point that I hadn't actually considered.

no matter what it is I do believe this E-Ray is for real. Brother you made me realize something I would put into my rez agreement too, so thanks again

then maybe an E-Ray could be more so what you propose as the long term future, full electric? that's interesting! seems like a more distant future to me, but no reason it couldnt be something achieved in the C8. Awesome.point that I hadn't actually considered.

no matter what it is I do believe this E-Ray is for real. Brother you made me realize something I would put into my rez agreement too, so thanks again
First GM Electric Truck to Start Production in 2021, President Reuss Says
Fully electric is not very far away!

A lot of people are talking about upcoming models, especially the Z06. The thing is, none of the models we are familiar with offer hybrid power or all wheel drive. Obviously, a hybrid would capture both and take this machine well upwards of 1K hp.

So if you aren't familiar, GM copyrighted the name "E-Ray" back in 2016 I believe, and renewed that copyright in spring of '18 or '19. Sorry my recall on the dates isnt precise, but everything else I'm telling you is.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about this. While everyone is talking about the performance models we know, I'm planning on putting a rez on the upcoming Vette hybrid. I feel confident that the hybrid is coming and that it will be a new model under the Vette brand. Some think that THIS will be the Zora.

What do you think?
I think it is inevitable, and if gm can make a hybrid Vette that still has a V8 and has electric motor assist that can make 1000+ hp, I embrace it. The future is here and technology is changing. Until then I will drive my 454 C3 and LS1 C7 and enjoy every minute of wheel time!

If they are going to sell fully electric cars and trucks, they will have to have more than a 250 mile (400 km) range...Needs to be more like a 1000 km range for anyone that travels now and again. Or will gas and diesel be our long range vehicles only? I can't imagine a trip to Edmonton (550 kms) having to stop for an hour to recharge. What a bummer..

Someone better send a heads up to our power suppliers... Every cold snap, Christmas lights season, summer hot spell, etc. we are currently told to limit our power draw yet we still keep setting usage records that power companies have trouble maintaining. So lets look forward not that many years when everyone on any street is drawing an extra 24 to 40 amps every day t the same time to charge their electric vehicle...It will be much like water usage in the summer ... we can only charge our vehicles on the days we are allowed to water our lawns. ummmmm.... Perhaps we should be looking forward towards wood burning vehicles. Since we are paying an unnecessary carbon tax anyway, we don't need forests anymore...

Ok... the forest part was a joke....

• Haha
Reactions: turbozig and BDK
Someone better send a heads up to our power suppliers... Every cold snap, Christmas lights season, summer hot spell, etc. we are currently told to limit our power draw yet we still keep setting usage records that power companies have trouble maintaining. So lets look forward not that many years when everyone on any street is drawing an extra 24 to 40 amps every day t the same time to charge their electric vehicle...It will be much like water usage in the summer ... we can only charge our vehicles on the days we are allowed to water our lawns. ummmmm.... Perhaps we should be looking forward towards wood burning vehicles. Since we are paying an unnecessary carbon tax anyway, we don't need forests anymore...

Ok... the forest part was a joke....
I thought you were serious Rruuff...lol
That is where the environmentalists fall down. They have the solution to all the carbon problems but can not foresee other problems that their solutions will cause. We can not go cold turkey because, quite simply, it will be really cold for us.
We will eventually get to complete electric for the short haul applications such as city deliveries and weekend drives but long hauls with a lot of cargo will probably stay with oil for quite some time.
Plus E-Ray's would probably spell the end to get togethers like MITM, NCM 25th, etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread