I'm just hoping GM will put the 5.5 L flat crank in the C8. 600 HP and a 8000 rpm would be nice. NA and DOHC of course. Less weight, more zip.:)

That engine HAS to go into a C8 Corvette, as them be the rules for the class they're racing in.

That being said, they're allowed to change the minor internal components. The C7.R is actually a de-stroked LT1 engine.

They may or may not increase the displacement in the C8 with the flat-plane crank. This style of crank produces more vibration, so a higher displacement will create more vibration in the car.

It might not go in the Z06, it might be reserved for the ZR1.

I'm sure the Z06 will have forced induction of some sort. It HAS to have more than 650hp as it's gotta have more than the C7 Z06. You're not going to get that kind of power out of a factory stock, naturally aspirated V8 engine.

Just my $0.02.

Read the article either before or after watching the vid.
Also posted this in the C8 forum although as it is the C8-R it properly belongs in this forum.
Might get more views over in the C8 forum.
Also when Corvette was running Nürburgring the engine also sounded different if you want to look back at some of those posts

Onboard the C8.R doing a demo lap at Road Atlanta. Great sound!! Turn it up.

That engine HAS to go into a C8 Corvette, as them be the rules for the class they're racing in.

That being said, they're allowed to change the minor internal components. The C7.R is actually a de-stroked LT1 engine.

They may or may not increase the displacement in the C8 with the flat-plane crank. This style of crank produces more vibration, so a higher displacement will create more vibration in the car.

It might not go in the Z06, it might be reserved for the ZR1.

I'm sure the Z06 will have forced induction of some sort. It HAS to have more than 650hp as it's gotta have more than the C7 Z06. You're not going to get that kind of power out of a factory stock, naturally aspirated V8 engine.

Just my $0.02.

I agree, they aren't going to increase the displacement on the flat plane crank, and they need 300 variants of these to be in a production car .

From what I've garnered, the C8.R 5.5L flat plane has been limited to 500hp due to the IMSA rules, and the engine without restrictions is capable of 600hp. I could see this going into the Grand Sport without any forced induction, and then add twin turbo to get close to 800hp for the Z06.

Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.