Featured Thread

YFCvii

Power User
Beta
Oct 10, 2016
VetteCoins
On March 12 the doors were locked at the Auto Show in Calgary, keeping me from seeing the C8 up close snd personal. 4 1/2 months later I have finally seen the C8. A red one last week and a blue one today. A couple of noticeable items is that when the roof top is off on the coupe, there is now a solid color halo on the front (top) of windshield. Not saying I like it or not, just something I realized when I looked at how the windshield meets the body sides and top.
Another thing I noticed is what looks to be a multi-layered top on the dash board. Quite a few nooks and crannies. Some materials on it appear to be textured. I did not get to check it closely (only from the outside). Wondering, for those of us who are hands-on with the task, if this dash might be a cleaning nightmare. I guess only those with one would be able to know for now.
It is what it is ... but just thinking out loud now that I finally get to look closer at the C8.
0D147AAA-DF61-487B-AFFD-D3B7DB50076A.jpeg

5EC6DE11-F1E3-469A-A4D3-830BF4444D1E.jpeg

pretty nice looking car

Last edited:
Does that yellow inventory tag on the windshield mean it's for sale? Is it in YYC?
Sorry ... I was told it's not for sale ... as we know, they come in presold
until the prospect rejects it on inspection (or other reasons).
This one is getting ready to go out of the stable at Northgate in YEG.
My go-to Dealership. They know me to respect the owner of this car
so I was able to get a better look ... finally (I respectfully did not ask to go inside).

Reactions: ddgermann
Omg how long did that car take to get to Edmonton? VIN 2777 made the week of May 25th. I hope that my car doesn’t take two months to get to me.
Here I was being a little bit worried about mentioning anything discretional about the C8 among our C8 fellas ...
and this is what you got outta my post.
This has to be the most unexpected reaction I could have ever anticipated 😂 thank you 👍🏻

I do hope you get yours in good time.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
So, I do have one but its only two weeks old. So I have yet to have to do an interior cleaning. I agree that the various elevations in the trim parts look like a cleaning issue. As said above, I think a swiffer would get in there to get any surface dust. I keep the car garaged when I am not driving it. So no excessive UV light and heat build up. I do wonder how it will hold up over time. Still, love the car and it looks fantastic!

So, I do have one but its only two weeks old. So I have yet to have to do an interior cleaning. I agree that the various elevations in the trim parts look like a cleaning issue. As said above, I think a swiffer would get in there to get any surface dust. I keep the car garaged when I am not driving it. So no excessive UV light and heat build up. I do wonder how it will hold up over time. Still, love the car and it looks fantastic!

Guess we will all be looking forward to your review on this

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii and ABC
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.