It goes without saying that buying
a Corvette C7 Extended Warranty
is for
ABSOLUTE & TRUE PEACE OF MIND
(priceless whenever it is needed)

I would like to know if anyone out there has had to rely on
their Extended Warranty for their C7?
Hopefully someone out there has not had an experince already where
they wish they bought a C7 Extended Warranty - however feel free to play in on this as well.

Thank you in advance for anyone who comments in this thread as
this thread can definitely help anyone who is in the market for buying a C7​

Spence, I bought the extended GM warranty for my 03 C5 and in hindsight it was not a good investment. First of all we typically only drive the cars four or five months of the year. Limited milage at that. It seems to me that I paid about $2K for the extension and frankly I wish I had just put the money in the bank in case they were any issues. Durning the time of the extended warranty I had no issues but in reality only put about 8K on the car over the three years.

Despite the fact that the electronics on these cars are expensive I would never buy the insurance again for a "enthusiasts" car. It just does not get used enough in my opinion to ever take advantage of the warranty. Mine had a deductible as well which made it ever worse. It was a GM product.

If people feel more comfortable with it then I guess the investment is a solid one.

Yes you pretty much nailed it on the head of why I created this post.
The extended warranty is pretty much a money grab at the price of peace of mind.
I do not have the warranty myself but always wondered if it actually helped someone ...

No idea what it costs for an E.W.; but, I agree, bad spend for the reasons mentioned. This is my 4th corvette and other than doing the regular service- never any problems that would justify paying for an E.W.; however, my new C7, in 3 years, if something goes wrong with the electronics, it could be costly- I'll pay the piper then. I may have the new C8 mid-engine then; so, the issue will be gone.

Reactions: gtrman73
Agreed, costly peace of mind. I bought it, then a year later I had the car tuned (not something I wanted to do, but had to due because of the mods). I just hope I don't have to rely on it. Given the cost of parts and repairs to these cars, I believe it is worth extending the warranty to 7 years if you're going to keep the car.

It goes without saying that buying
a Corvette C7 Extended Warranty
is for
ABSOLUTE & TRUE PEACE OF MIND
(priceless whenever it is needed)

I would like to know if anyone out there has had to rely on
their Extended Warranty for their C7?
Hopefully someone out there has not had an experince already where
they wish they bought a C7 Extended Warranty - however feel free to play in on this as well.

Thank you in advance for anyone who comments in this thread as
this thread can definitely help anyone who is in the market for buying a C7​
Just a thought I purchased the warranty on are 08 and since we didn't use it we got a full refund. Part of the warranty price. Check it out

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.