Jan 27, 2009
Township of Langley, BC
VetteCoins
Car
1975 coupe/2003 vert
Province
BC
Hi kids..
My other addiction is audio gear...amps, speakers, turntables, reel-2-reel decks, etc.
I found this record in a used music store last week....
IMG_00001793.jpg
IMG_00001794.jpg

I knew of their existence but had never found one before.
What a great record for a car-guy and audio-nut.
On side #1 it has commentary explaining what car you are listening to..flathead, twin-mill etc..
Side #2 is sounds from the big drags with the track announcer, Stan Adams, giving driver names,car names and run times.both E.T. and speed.
This was all recorded at the 1962 Winternationals..Pomona.

It was great to listen to the BIG Sounds Of The Drags.
There is a series of these out there as well as some NASCAR records.
I'm always looking for these.
thanx for looking.
graham

Great find Graham -- I can only imagine the sound thru you home theatre system that you built. I'll bet that you can shake the house.:)

Apparently 'vinyl' is coming back into vogue.

Doug...... Steamer (Rob) has gone to Cacklefest in Bakerfield and said he really enjoyed it.

Colin.

Graham, that is another really great find. I found one recently and I have no idea why I did not buy it. It was call "Fottimmisso" (hope the spelling is right). It was a compilation of Mercedes racing cars from the 1950's. It was pressed on red translucent vinyl, one side only and what I thought was really odd was that it played from the centre out. Should have bought it.

The collection grows Graham. Nice.

Super neato! But why are those so big? What is a record? And what is Vinyl? :D
Kids now-a-days.... Listen close Riley..... A "record" is what you get with the local highway patrol shortly after you get your first Corvette....
And "Vinyl" is those yellow stripes on your fender.... :rofl:

hmmmmm ... a summer run to Manny's.... A bus ride back to Saskatoon.... The car hauler pulls up to your door a few weeks later and VOILA` ......competitive vinyl AND a record at your fingertips....

Reactions: Riley P
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.