Regular
Dec 26, 2012
St. Albert, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2023 HTC
Province
AB
I just wanted to say Thank You to the group that made the Lake Louis and the Drumheller cruise a success.
It took planning from a few, plus a commitment from a great group of people to make it all worthwhile. These two cruises brought together a group of like minded people with a passion for cars and travel and ended up with friendships.
I look forward to more trips in 2018 and the continuance of cruising with our "Non Car Club Friends" (CCF)
Dennis

It was fun ( well, I went on one ) and Ponoka is great too.

My girlfriend was in town for her USA Thanksgiving break and had Paul and Jo and Jeff and Robin and Ken and Heather over........ did a bit of chatting and stuff for next year's mountain cruise.... I will start a thread in the next month on surveys and ideas and plans.

:)

Brian

Reactions: rockitman
It was fun ( well, I went on one ) and Ponoka is great too.

My girlfriend was in town for her USA Thanksgiving break and had Paul and Jo and Jeff and Robin and Ken and Heather over........ did a bit of chatting and stuff for next year's mountain cruise.... I will start a thread in the next month on surveys and ideas and plans.

:)

Brian
The US Navy Blue Angels will be in Abbotsford this coming August.

No mountains in Abbotsford!

Houston, we have a problem ( with Jasper )

It is BOOKED UP mostly from June to late Sept...... and the odd room left is over $400 a night with taxes.

Told this to Paul today.... we have to put our thinking caps on again.

B

MikeysZ06 said:

My sisters husband was a fighter jet tech in Cold Lake and then in Borden.. As much as I begged, he couldn't get me a ride in a CF18 but he did smuggle me into the cockpit of a CT-114 Snowbird...

xmas060022.JPG

pinnacle-award-jan-tc-niagara2.jpg

That was me ... second on the left.... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ok... not really... and I'm sort of glad... I think I woulda puked.... lol... But it was pretty kewl sitting in one.... Prepared me for the C7...;)

My truck sales guy was a machinist in the Air Force at Cold Lake..... I'll find his card as I forget his name on the top of my head. I'm a fan of planes. Grew up flying as it was my dads hobby with his Beach Sundowner...... Wow I live five minutes to the Abbotsford Air Show. Worth it if the Angels are there. Look on the website for the show. They have special "vip" tickets that sell fast. I like Friday cause not as busy........ The VIP tickets came with lunch and beer, wine, pop, etc..... Here is the list for "Presidents" club:

"
VIP Entrance & Parking Area
  • Garden Patio Seating
  • Chef-inspired meals
    • Friday Night: Appetizers & Dinner
    • Saturday/Sunday: Breakfast & Lunch
  • Hosted Bar – Beer, Wine, Coolers, Soft Drinks, Juice & Water
  • Souvenir Airshow Program
  • Executive Washroom Facilities
  • Air Conditioned Clubhouse Bar & Lounge
  • Meet & Greet Opportunities with Performers"

might be a good trip deal for members. Pick a day and order the special tickets early. Could make it a cool Friday, Sat or Sun get together?

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I’ve done the executive club over the years but they stopped that feature a few years back and made a section called “flight club”. I called Kate at the office after work today and she said the “flight club” is going to be overhauled for the 2018 show. It’s much cheaper than presidents club albeit doesn’t have the nicely catered breakfast and lunch. I ordered 2 tickets for Saturday’s show with Kate this afternoon. Friday’s has always been an afternoon show with fireworks at the end.

As for the “meet and greet”. That’s when the pilots walk the fence line and if you’re lucky enough to see when they walk by,you get a few autographs and chat for a few minutes. It’s not a “special offer”

This will be a special show with the BA F-18s performing. They haven’t been to Abby for 15 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig
I go most years. My dad and his friends do the full cater option. Plane friends that are "retired" now. Think the last year I did was 2014......... If I run up too stores like Shoppers drug mart just off highway one, can see most of the jets as they pass over head..... If my dads group is light then I go for sure. With the Blue Angels thinking this year is a must do deal...........

Reactions: MikeysZ06
I go most years. My dad and his friends do the full cater option. Plane friends that are "retired" now. Think the last year I did was 2014......... If I run up too stores like Shoppers drug mart just off highway one, can see most of the jets as they pass over head..... If my dads group is light then I go for sure. With the Blue Angels thinking this year is a must do deal...........
I’ll be staying in Hope as I always do. Get some Saturday tickets Max. See you there. I’ve been there in 05,07,08,10,11,12,15

Here’s my dad at the entrance to the “Executive club” in 2012. And him first in line once breakfast was served. The airplane is a B-52 Stratofortress.

Attachments

• 710DD8BA-829E-40D4-AD22-A789B4EAB7EB.jpeg
    710DD8BA-829E-40D4-AD22-A789B4EAB7EB.jpeg
    681.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 07222378-E8E0-4773-B399-9ADBADE9A5B0.jpeg
    07222378-E8E0-4773-B399-9ADBADE9A5B0.jpeg
    750.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 4B3CDDE2-438C-44BF-A8F4-23EFC0B8504E.jpeg
    4B3CDDE2-438C-44BF-A8F4-23EFC0B8504E.jpeg
    573.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 6BD9085A-B4CF-4AC3-93ED-32A681388D76.jpeg
    6BD9085A-B4CF-4AC3-93ED-32A681388D76.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 17
No mountains in Abbotsford!

Houston, we have a problem ( with Jasper )

It is BOOKED UP mostly from June to late Sept...... and the odd room left is over $400 a night with taxes.

Told this to Paul today.... we have to put our thinking caps on again.

B

I don't see the problem with this. If you have ten people staying in one room, that's only $40 per night! :D

Waiting for my Dad to see if he plans on the air show this year. My mothers father, retired CDN Army in 1976 and stayed near this area. So the air show was even a 1970's affair for my family. They didn't know each other. Both my parents have roots family wise in Manitoba. So we might do a Winnipeg trip this summer as well.

Back to topic...... Id do the Lake Louis trip if it happens again..... Like that area of this country.. Except I look at Lake Louis as a place that would be great for water skiing!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.