Shayne

Regular
You're a Regular 2 You're 10 Completionist Award
Dec 1, 2010
VetteCoins
Went to Houston to watch my son. He didn't qualify for the roll race event with a speed of 168 mph, needed about 172. He did enter the drag racing in the stick class, and managed a 9.67@151. A new personal best for him. It's an '01 z06 some mods, haha. Todd is going to try the Texas mile this weekend. Had to replace the clutch while he is there so I guess we will see what happens now. Car dyno'd around 1087 rwhp and around 1,000 for torque at a shop in saskatoon

congrats , and wow that is one fast buggy ride. It has 5 times the horsepower of my corvette and twice as fast in the 1/4 . nice to see a Sask car making a mark out there.

Todd is trying the Texas mile this weekend. Unfortunately I am back at home. He had to do a couple liscence passes. The first was between 140-165 mph then the second was between 180-199. He ran 188.8 mph and is now qualified put to 220. I guess we wait and see what kind of a run he can make. I sure hope the car stay together. Apparently the mile is hard on parts. All in all, a pretty good life experience.

todd ran the texas mile. had 2 liscence passes. the first had to be between 140-165 mph and the second had to be 170-190 mph. so he did 150 and 188.9. that qualified him for up to 220 mph. he then hit the rev limiter in 5th and that shut that pass down, then the 4 th pass the throttle blade fluttered and put the car into limp mode. he's still learning. it went into limp mode at the half mile mark at 170, so he was finished for the day, and had to leave to get back to Canada for work.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Congratulations to your son, what an effort and learning experience. Hopefully with the knowledge he gained he will be back for another assault on the mile. Must be very exciting and to say the least expensive.:thumbs:

I have a couple. I will try to post. Haven't had much luck getting pics and vids to work for me

1st one is from the mile, it was a liscence pass at 188.8 mph. Second is the 9.67 1/4 mile

Great vids @Shayne

You can do the same from your laptop if you simply copy/paste the facebook video direct link. Best way to do this is if you play a facebook vid, right click and select show URL then copy/paste the entire address into a post here. We will automagically render it as a playable snippet with any hope.

Thanks, I will give it a try. My laptop was timing out and not co-operating last time.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.