Saw it. Was funny!

I’m willing to bet that was one of those “can’t get the glass in time, put in regular stuff for the reveal” things where the “presenters” weren’t told of the change and the “preparers” weren’t told what the stage act was going to be....

Result?

A funny moment that will likely outlast that.....truck?

Lol!

Tesla is claiming 146,000 pre-orders for this "whatcha-macall-it" in just two days following this debut ...
It does not sit well with me that the announcement may be leaning toward the fact that this
is a $14.6 million dollar cash inflow that follows what turned out to be a somewhat “snake oil" type demonstration.

Also wondering if the future will remain coincidental for the DeLorean appearance with this "whatcha-macall-it"? ... just saying

"...just two days after the unveiling of Tesla’s Cybertruck, the automaker’s founder, Elon Musk, tweeted
that the company had already sold 146,000 vehicles via preorder, and because these reservations require
a $100 USD refundable deposit, Tesla has tallied $14.6 million USD in 48 hours "

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'd never buy one, but if I won it, or someone gave me one.............two words......Wrap it.......possibilities are endless.
If I was a kid, I'd open up a 'wrap shop'.
As other mfg's think about this, and realize how much savings are involved, I think paintless cars may have a future(?)
No paint.
No paint shop required.
No tools / tooling necessary.
No employees, not that too many are left, due to robots.
Potential savings are massive, and this may (?) become a trend, time will tell.

Yeah, but can I chuck my 9,000 lb trailer on the back and head 6,000 odd kms west to BC tomorrow?

Oh yeah, also can't be waiting around for 8-10 hrs at a time to recharge.

It's actually kind of funny I'm having this conversation......again. Had some green party people canvas my house and they were pushing electric vehicles pretty hard as one of thier campaign promises.I pointed to my 35 foot trailer and shucked out the "gotta tow it" argument. The chick actually started talking about battery power trucks used in underground mining. Segway-ed me right into my next point: no frickin way I was ever going to be able to buy one of those, not that I woudl want to drive one anyways.

Ya know, I support and believe all the climate science saying we're in trouble, but these people that think we can reverse something that started with the beginning of the industrial revolution in 20-30 years are just kidding themselves. Do we have to do something? sure do. But it's not something that's going to happen on the timeline these people are pushing. At least not without destroying the world economy, and if you destroy the economy of the world, eveytihg collapses anyways. It's about balance and swinging the pendulum from one extreme to the other is just going to create a completely new set of problems.....

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I'm clapping for Tesla coming out with something completely different. In a sea of F150 lookalikes in an industry that's very established they needed to do something different. It is to me horrifically ugly and polarizing not saying that a truck is pretty by any stretch of the imagination.

I think they said that the shape and the fact that the designer got a really good deal on a ruler was due to to the 30X strong cold pressed steel that simply can't be bent. Oh and the windows fractured because of the sledgehammer demo causing them to become compromised right before.

Anyway not for me but I can see why some would buy these. They are totally different.

I think I'd rather get the offroad version.

1574881245667.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.