Jun 9, 2015
pickering
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2lt HTC
Province
ON
For those to you ( like me) wanting to install a C8 spoiler but no template, This might help.
spoiler1.jpg spoiler2.jpg spoiler3.jpg
The first 2 images are from a Utube Frenchusa where he drills holes out with a template in the C8 rear bumper at 12:24 minutes. The third is from a Mid engine corvette form post on installing the high wing spoiler where holes are drilled out already to hold the Z51 spoiler
Here is the rub, Notice holes are drilled middle of a circular intent mark on the underside of the bumper.
For those of you that used a template, do you remember noticing where the holes came through ?
The link for Frenchusa

I can't keep my exhaust tips from rusting. No way I'm putting a drill in my hand....
I just had Spencers install my Z51 spoiler for me. Normally I would do it myself, but I’m not taking the chance of screwing up putting a spoiler on my new C8. It’s a small price to pay for the professional install on a pretty expensive car.

I finally gave up and did not install the spoiler myself. As I didn`t want to jack up the car , rip the liners out , remove the dreaded 10mm nut on pass side, remove the bumper , drill the holes ( without template) and shovel the bumper back on myself.
So I had it installed at Wilson Niblett. A most satisfying experience. Beautifully done !
Thanks to Jeff Moore for setting it up, Debbie, booking, Krystyna my service adviser and Jamie who installed it without issues.
A final note, there was a flurry of C8 activity there. Many C8`s to see while waiting less than 2 hrs.

Best bet going there as they have done many spoiler installs already and its routine work for them.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.