Power User
Oct 30, 2013
Haliburton, Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2003 Z06
Province
ON
Been a little quiet on the C5 CCForum lately. So a question for you. Of all the mods you have done to your car what one do you think is the most significant? Maybe this can be a topic of conversation in all generations of Corvettes, the forums are already there.

My car has very few mods, skip shift eliminator, auto headlights off, Brian Tooley valve spring kit, CCW wheels and Michelin tires.

The best investment in my mind was the installation of Radio Flyer Bi Xeon (now called Sharp Light Innovations) headlights. We are pretty remote where we live, lots of very dark poorly marked roads and really big animals! The stock headlights were so bad that I purposely tried to plan not having to drive at night. With the headlight conversion I can see, don't blind on coming drivers and they really do take some of the stress of driving at night.

So lets here it what mod impacted you and your car the most. Like to hear about it. Pics great too and I don't have any of the headlights!

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I don't really consider it an investment (as i don't think I will get back out what I put in) but I did:
- BTR springs, BTR stage 2 cam, timing chain
- replica chrome Stingray rims
- trunk carpet, panels and quiet ride divider

Just wondering if the quiet ride kit and or the carpet/trunk padding helps to make it quieter. Mine is a coupe so not too convinced it's going to work as well as your model.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
It helps a little but there is still enough wheel and differential noise to know I'm driving a C5.

quiet_ride.jpg
side_opening.jpg
middle_opening.jpg

Been a little quiet on the C5 CCForum lately. So a question for you. Of all the mods you have done to your car what one do you think is the most significant? Maybe this can be a topic of conversation in all generations of Corvettes, the forums are already there.

My car has very few mods, skip shift eliminator, auto headlights off, Brian Tooley valve spring kit, CCW wheels and Michelin tires.

The best investment in my mind was the installation of Radio Flyer Bi Xeon (now called Sharp Light Innovations) headlights. We are pretty remote where we live, lots of very dark poorly marked roads and really big animals! The stock headlights were so bad that I purposely tried to plan not having to drive at night. With the headlight conversion I can see, don't blind on coming drivers and they really do take some of the stress of driving at night.

So lets here it what mod impacted you and your car the most. Like to hear about it. Pics great too and I don't have any of the headlights!
My 2003 C5 vert which I bought used with 17,000 km on it: replaced exhaust with magnaflow - round pipes, bigger diameter and great sound and looked better! The stock system was corroding and were way more expensive. Added wind restrictor - kept 2 years and then traded in on new C7!!

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Hmmmm. List of mods....I think mine are all in my signature but the previous owner put on a Borla Stingers and Vararam intake. Similar to Murray, I got sick of not being able to see at night so I installed Radio Flyers, Stealth Light Cannons V2. They are fixed headlights but at the time, there was no option to improve the pop up lights. ACA's were not being made anymore, and the only other option was the Depo headlights which are not to my taste. Over the years, I had an LS6 intake installed, found some C7 wheels for a very good price, installed C6 Z06 shocks and lowered the car, and added clear corner lights. But, the best mod would be the headlights for safety. Next would be the lowering for esthetics as it was nice to take some gap out of the wheel well.
Next mod I would like to do are C6 Z51 brakes, as they are really cheap for what you get but the funny thing is the caliper brackets are really expensive.

Nice looking rig there! Lots of awesome roads in CB to enjoy the car with!
I've only had my Z06 for a week, but I am really enjoying the MGW shifter and the performance from the Sharp Light Innovations ACA projectors are amazing.
congrats !!! enjoy the new ride!! I been thinking about getting a new shifter also!! where are you located

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.