Aug 31, 2023
VetteCoins
Car
2024 C8 coupe
Province
NT
This is such an improvement over any conventional search engine that I felt I had to post it for anyone who wasn’t familiar with it. Absolutely brilliant. Seriously, check it out and you’ll be happy that you did. You’re welcome.

From Wiki
"Perplexity was founded in 2022 by Aravind Srinivas, Denis Yarats, Johnny Ho and Andy Konwinski, engineers with backgrounds in back-end systems, AI and machine learning."
*raises eyebrows* over back-end systems - a Pride month thing, perhaps?

From Wiki
"Perplexity was founded in 2022 by Aravind Srinivas, Denis Yarats, Johnny Ho and Andy Konwinski, engineers with backgrounds in back-end systems, AI and machine learning."
Careful. Under the Liberals new legislation as far as I know it’s against the law to even THINK that way…… :nailbiting: But seriously if you try Perplexity you will never use Google and it’s paid rank ad riddled results again.

Are you being compensated by this site, the same way as that dude was hustling Borla yesterday?
Funny. No , just trying to be helpful. It works that well and is so much better of an approach to search that I’m sure anyone who takes the time to try it for a while won’t go back to conventional search methods. But then again some people still like mullets and shag carpet.

It let me "log in" with some old google credentials. How safe could it be?
Obviously just as safe as Google for what ever that’s worth. What I was trying to point out wasn’t necessarily the “ safety “ of it but rather the effectiveness of it and the accuracy of results without having to wade through link after link of promoted results. They aren’t ad supported for operational revenue. They have an advanced subscription based offering as well which is far more powerful but for most the basic version is probably plenty. They also have some big dollar supporters as they have an eye for an eventual IPO . Nvidia is one of the backers. Good enough for me. You also don’t have to sign in incidentally as I’m sure you noticed.

From Wiki
1718051212559.png
Hi there,​
There are a lot of different AI tools out there right now. Today, we'll share (our opinion) of how Perplexity is different than other search engines and AI tools.​
Perplexity focuses on search. You ask a question, we scour the internet and find the 15+ highest-quality sources, and then craft the perfect answer for you. Here's what makes us stand out:​

1. We always cite our sources​

If you care about accuracy and trust, Perplexity is the perfect tool for you. In every answer, we include citations of the sources we used. Curious to see where our answer came from? Just click on the number or the source tab to open the link. Other tools just provide black boxed answers.​

2. We consider up-to-date and high-quality sources​

We have real-time access to the web, which means our answers are always up to date - you can learn about news that is happening in real-time! Other tools are missing recent sources (or are incredibly slow).​

3. We provide related questions and infinite follow ups​

We generate a list of three follow up questions after every answer so you can explore further. Our mission is to help you find answers as quickly as possible.​

4. We let you search more than just text​

Not every answer requires a paragraph of text. We include images, videos, graphs, charts, and visuals cues. Search is multi-modal.​