If you get a Paint Protection Film (PPF), do not go with a company that uses 3M. It is an inferior product to Suntek and Xpel. The guy we use used to have 3M, but made the switch a few years ago and it blown away by the difference (so are our customers).

We use Reflection Auto + Glass on Ward Street in Port Hope, Ontario. It's a small Mom and Pop shop, owned and operated by Mark and his wife (whos name is slipping my mind at this moment).

Mark will literally go out of his way to ensure a customer is happy with the final result.

The only thing he doesn't do right now is ceramic coating.

More info here:

If you are serious about having your car wrapped, give him a call via the link above and tell him I sent you his way.

I will certainly go visit for a consult when I have the car. I just want the clear coat protection on all of the leading edge areas. My brother-in-law had his Mustang Bullit done and it is invisible but protects the rockers and front facia. That is what I want on my C8 too.
That's what most people get. We've had two customer get a full wrap. Not cheap and takes a long time.

Reactions: ABC
If you get a Paint Protection Film (PPF), do not go with a company that uses 3M. It is an inferior product to Suntek and Xpel. The guy we use used to have 3M, but made the switch a few years ago and it blown away by the difference (so are our customers).

We use Reflection Auto + Glass on Ward Street in Port Hope, Ontario. It's a small Mom and Pop shop, owned and operated by Mark and his wife (whos name is slipping my mind at this moment).

Mark will literally go out of his way to ensure a customer is happy with the final result.

More info here:

If you are serious about having your car wrapped, give him a call via the link above and tell him I sent you his way.
I second this post. I did the entire front and mirrors and headlights in the 3M and it scratches easily and gets cloudy. My rear quarters behind the the rear tire were done with Suntek and it is far superior and as the installer told me actually can repair small scratches itself by heating up in sunlight. Not sure if that's the exact science but the 3M stuff has almost no option to fix it.

More info here:

thank you Sir I wont forget. I'm in Windsor, well see

Reactions: ABC
Just received my PPF kit for C8 front bumper, hood , front lights and etc.
All 3M PRO
Got this from North Tints on Ebay. My cost was $432.00 cdn ($288.00 us)shipped within a week. They have a shipping office in Canada

At least I have something of a C8 when rolling out the film.
corvette C8 PPF.jpg

I had the dealer's 3M installer do the wrap on my white 2015 C7. Going on five years. Not happy with the job or the result. The film has started to yellow and there are small air bubbles in some areas. I have Suntek on the headlights and the tinting. IMO the Suntek is a better product. If I had to do it again, I would research Suntek and Expel, make sure the wrap is actually wrapped around the edges, and get referrals.

Reactions: ddgermann
Not Ontario, but I have just had a complete wrap with Suntek Ultra and ceramic on top. $5500 in Calgary. That price did not include paint correction and 3 step cut and polish to make sure it was perfect underneath the wrap. That cost me $500.

FYI, 3m claims the new 3m pro is comparable to Xpel and Suntek.

Reactions: WE XLR8
I do my own wrap. First time it was hood on Lincoln, then my 2015 C7 bumper twice( sold), then a white Honda Accord 2018 all front.
All with 3m PRO, not 3M scotchguard. There were some problems but mainly because of my experience but I rather have a fault here and there than a stone hit !.
DIY is not for the timid and is unforgiving. I will not do others cars.
There was NO yellowing or peeling on the C7 after 5yrs and the film came off without effort. NO yellowing on Honda after 2.5 years
All 3 brands are ok 3M, Xpel , Suntek and DEPEND on pricing and mostly expertice on installing, so look around.

Reactions: Gilles27
I second this post. I did the entire front and mirrors and headlights in the 3M and it scratches easily and gets cloudy. My rear quarters behind the the rear tire were done with Suntek and it is far superior and as the installer told me actually can repair small scratches itself by heating up in sunlight. Not sure if that's the exact science but the 3M stuff has almost no option to fix it.
3M has improved significantly with the PRO level PPF same as Xpel self healing, no yellowing etc.

That Kavaca sounds interesting. Could not really check it out while still offshore but I wonder how well it compares cost-wise
I was quoted $1200 for the front and $220 for the side air vents. Ceramic Pro Gold. Lifetime warranty, 4 layers of 9H and one layer of Light (Whatever all that means )

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.