I'm assuming the player has power (not a blown fuse or similar).... can you get your fingertips on the CD? If so... try hitting "Eject" and pulling gently at the same time.

Yes I have power, when I slide the magazine door open, it pushes the magazine up, so power is not a problem. I can just feel the edge of the stuck CD, but can't grab it with my fingers. The eject button doesn't do anything to get it to release the CD. will need a second person to push the eject button while I try to pull the CD out.

Yes I have power, when I slide the magazine door open, it pushes the magazine up, so power is not a problem. I can just feel the edge of the stuck CD, but can't grab it with my fingers. The eject button doesn't do anything to get it to release the CD. will need a second person to push the eject button while I try to pull the CD out.

I bought a pair of needle nose pliers with curved tips and wrapped the ends with elastic bands, then pulled the CD out. It seemed to be stuck, but after a few jerks it came out. I reloaded all the CDs and tried it. All is well. Thanks a million for the suggestions. I really appreciate all the help.

I burned all my CDs on to my computer a few years ago and now have all my tunes saved digitally. Now I just plug my Ipod into the Vette. Little over 12,000 songs and counting and never have to change a CD....

Eric you guys with your technologically advanced sporty cars. I plugged my iPod into the battery and all I heard was music by sparks.:Biggrin:

Actually Double D Mods (hope I don't break the rules with that) sells an adapter to allow a stock C5 radio to use an iPod and the aux button on the radio. There are actually two versions of it one for in dash CD and the other for the type that Fatboy999 has in the trunk. Slick little unit that ends up with the plug in terminal in the arm rest storage compartment, I may get one. You do have to take a good part of the dash apart to get access but it might be worth it.

Eric you guys with your technologically advanced sporty cars. I plugged my iPod into the battery and all I heard was music by sparks.:Biggrin:

Actually Double D Mods (hope I don't break the rules with that) sells an adapter to allow a stock C5 radio to use an iPod and the aux button on the radio. There are actually two versions of it one for in dash CD and the other for the type that Fatboy999 has in the trunk. Slick little unit that ends up with the plug in terminal in the arm rest storage compartment, I may get one. You do have to take a good part of the dash apart to get access but it might be worth it.
Jordin Sparks? :p

After taking apart my gf's Oldsmobile to rescue 12 CD's jammed in her malfunctioning player, my word of advice would be to forget the CD changer and put in a decent stereo with Bluetooth and an auxiliary plug in for an Ipod player. I downloaded all 550 of my CD's into the Itunes program on my computer and then onto my Ipod. 11,000 plus songs later and I have never played another CD in my car since.. JMO....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.