I'm New Here
USA
May 17, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
Cadillac STS 2009
Province
USA
I’m trying to find the cdr that will fix my 2009 sts Cadillac time (clock)
supposedly when battery was changed the radio clock cannot be set and could be fixed with burning a cdr. From the U tube, I’ve watched there is a link but I do not know a whole lot about computers. I have never been in a forum before as you can tell this is Canadian and I’m from MN. I’m hoping that is close enough and with my dad being born in Canada too That someone can help me. 😊 So hopefully can point me in the right direction or send me the cd if you have one. Thank you in advance. I believe I did read that certain year corvette was affected with this problem which I think is how I was hooked up with this forum.

supposedly when battery was changed the radio clock cannot be set and could be fixed with burning a cdr. From the U tube, I’ve watched there is a link but I do not know a whole lot about computers. I have never been in a forum before as you can tell this is Canadian and I’m from MN. I’m hoping that is close enough and with my dad being born in Canada too That someone can help me. 😊 So hopefully can point me in the right direction or send me the cd if you have one. Thank you in advance. I believe I did read that certain year corvette was affected with this problem which I think is how I was hooked up with this forum.

Yes there was a problem with this in a certain generation of corvettes and I remember a quite active thread on the very same subject. I would expect one of the guys will jump in and help you out. CCF has no borders as this is about the cars... not the mailing address. We have regular members here from all over the world. So all good there.

I had a similar issue last year after bringing my 08 Corvette back on line since I disconnect the battery for storage each year. Below is the contact information for the Canadian Company that repairs all GM electronics. Our issue last year was the SAT, since it effected North America. Please contact below:

Mark Royle
Mobile Field Foreman
York Electronics
1101 Wentworth Street W. Unit D2
Oshawa, Ontario
L1J 8P7
Cell: 613-325-5249

Reactions: ddgermann and Allie
Not sure if this helps but the “Tech Nerd” column on p24 of the April Issue of Corvette magazine covered what I believe is the issue you’re describing. The column suggested it was the result of GPS weekly number rollover (WNRO) that occurs every 19 years and indicated a fix was available as a software update from Chevrolet dealers and independent repair shops, so Cadillac might have something similar available or in the works. Apparently it’s a pretty straightforward DIY if you download from the web but I’m like you when it comes to computers. It references a specific website but I don’t know if forum rules allow me to post that. Between Vettes right now so I have no personal experience with this.

• Useful
Reactions: ddgermann and Allie

Hi Allie.Welcome to the forum. Here is the earlier post on this issue where they are talking about the fix. Appears that a couple of the guys may have a copy of the cdr. Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.