Good point Brian, I put StaBil in mine then take it to the gas station and fill up with hopefully non ethanol gas. I believe but not 100% sure that Shell 91 is free of it. Head home wash it, vacuum, lubricate the weather stripping, leather conditioner then change the oil get up of the ground cover it up and then wait for May.

Damn that is depressing to think about. Good luck Tim.

Way too early. Still another six weeks before mine hibernates.
Gets an oil change, top up the tank and put in stabilizer, wash with Dawn soap. The one they use to clean all those ducks that landed in the tar sands.lol
Then a coast down the hill and in to the basement for 6+ months.
Sad to think about. We have had a beautiful cruising summer this year.

Gets an oil change, top up the tank and put in stabilizer, wash with Dawn soap. The one they use to clean all those ducks that landed in the tar sands.lol

Wash with Dawn, you should put a coat of wax after DAWNing you car.... it strips the old wax.

I use Dawn before every paint correction/wax ... less build up means less swirls..... most of the time.

B

Thanks
Changed oil and filter today. GM mechanic gave ok but to change it in the spring..

I use Chevron 94 octane which I believe is O.K. I was told by a guy (worked at Ford dealership) who is a Porsche owner/racer that he prefers Chevron 94 gas in his car - not sure why now - but, the comment stuck with me - besides, the gas station is up the hill from my house.

We have
I use Chevron 94 octane which I believe is O.K. I was told by a guy (worked at Ford dealership) who is a Porsche owner/racer that he prefers Chevron 94 gas in his car - not sure why now - but, the comment stuck with me - besides, the gas station is up the hill from my house.
We have differences in the gas in Western Canada than that of Ontario and Eastern Canada, but as long as it's one of the grades that states it doesn't have ethanol, it's probably the best you can do. Ethanol is corrosive to rubber and certain metal parts in the fuel system, however, modern cars use ethanol compatible components in the fuel system, so this tends to be more of an issue with older or classic cars. The non ethanol gas will still degrade over time, can get moisture in it, and can still gum up the fuel system if not properly treated.

Regardless of which fuel we choose a good gasoline stabilizer is paramount. I run the marine stabilizers, all sorts of good stuff in them. Boats have serious problems due to the length of time stored. In environments with temp variations, high moisture etc. Tanks are so large in the big stuff, with fuel sitting months at a time even during season. To top it off, they are also vented to open atmosphere. I go with Startron and some 94 before bedtime. Have gone over a year many times in the boats with regular gas, and no issues.

I do the oil and filter change as soon as I stop driving it on Nov 1. My Seasonal plates run out so it's time for hibernation. the seasonal plates come due for April 1, so it's a long 5 months.
I too add Stabil to the topped up 91 Octane non ethanol fuel

I do the oil and filter change as soon as I stop driving it on Nov 1. My Seasonal plates run out so it's time for hibernation. the seasonal plates come due for April 1, so it's a long 5 months.
I need to go to the optometrist!
My eyes keep slanting to the left. LOL

This will be my first year of storing my c6. Had oil change a month ago when I bought, so will change oil in the Spring. It will in under ground garage that is heated. Would you still recommend a full tank and stabil. Right now it's at half a tank and goes into storage tomorrow.

This will be my first year of storing my c6. Had oil change a month ago when I bought, so will change oil in the Spring. It will in under ground garage that is heated. Would you still recommend a full tank and stabil. Right now it's at half a tank and goes into storage tomorrow.
Yes...before you drop it off..fill tank put stabil and inflate tires up 10lbs and put car on 4 pieces of carpet for each tire and leave windows down with trickle charger..

I see lots of guys are saying to be at 1/4 tank or less now. In heated storage condensation likely would not be a problem for you either way. Pull your battery though if you can’t plug your maintainer in. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.