Rruuff Day

Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
VetteCoins
Well, Ginger is now put away for the three seasons of winter in Alberta. She will come out from under twice during this layover. Once for when my 4-post lift arrives (Woohoo)... and once again in February for her winter waxing and detailing. Each winter I pull the cover off and begin the loving touches but I find that with just the indoor cover on, when I take it off there is a very fine, but noticeable layer of dust on the surface. Thus it forces me to bring buckets of water into my shop and wash her before she gets the wax. No biggie for the shop as I have a floor drain but still adds one more chore to the love. I thought of putting old sheets over the cover but back a few months ago, Princess Auto had these full size indoor/outdoor car covers on sale for $17.95 so I purchased one. Not the soft plush interior of my red Sparco cover but no worries as it will be the top dressing. So we will see when I pull off the dual covers in February if I still have a clean, dust free Vette. Not the prettiest cover or the best fit for a Vette but for that price I wasn't complaining. Say good-night Ginger....."Good Night"

PXL_20211007_184818129.jpg

PXL_20211007_185538547.jpg

I have two on mine and no dust. The bottom is an oem fleece indoor cover and the top is an oem outdoor cover. Before everyone thinks I have lost my marbles, the indoor cover is off my C6 and fits nicely, and the outdoor was part of the deal when I bought my C7.

I have two on mine and no dust. The bottom is an oem fleece indoor cover and the top is an oem outdoor cover. Before everyone thinks I have lost my marbles, the indoor cover is off my C6 and fits nicely, and the outdoor was part of the deal when I bought my C7.

For my C7 I am in the same situation, a strech satin from a C6 that fits the C7 perfectly and a outdoor from another car that is a little to long but it does the job, no more dust going true the indoor cover, the other good side is the total tickness of the 2 covers together, great protection. For the C6 I have another C6 strech satin and a OEM outdoor cover That is only a nylon cover, very thin so I trow a few old blankets beetwen the 2 cover for tickness.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I guess I should try to see if my OEM outdoor cover fits over my OEM indoor cover … both of which I had added in my purchase - 5 years ago. Talk about procrastinating on trying this out 😂
Definitely not a $20 resolve but I did get 0% financing by making a few accessories all a part of the purchase offer/agreememt 👍🏻

Well, Ginger is now put away for the three seasons of winter in Alberta. She will come out from under twice during this layover. Once for when my 4-post lift arrives (Woohoo)... and once again in February for her winter waxing and detailing. Each winter I pull the cover off and begin the loving touches but I find that with just the indoor cover on, when I take it off there is a very fine, but noticeable layer of dust on the surface. Thus it forces me to bring buckets of water into my shop and wash her before she gets the wax. No biggie for the shop as I have a floor drain but still adds one more chore to the love. I thought of putting old sheets over the cover but back a few months ago, Princess Auto had these full size indoor/outdoor car covers on sale for $17.95 so I purchased one. Not the soft plush interior of my red Sparco cover but no worries as it will be the top dressing. So we will see when I pull off the dual covers in February if I still have a clean, dust free Vette. Not the prettiest cover or the best fit for a Vette but for that price I wasn't complaining. Say good-night Ginger....."Good Night"

View attachment 88062
View attachment 88059
Fortunately we only get 2 seasons of winter here in SW Ontario. 😀 (Although this year seems to be lasting much longer). I use a fitted Maxtech cover for winters and although I diligently wash and wax it before putting it on for the hibernation, I get the same thin layer of dust. Never fails. The good thing is my trusty California duster seems to be all I need to get the dust off before I take her for the inaugural season run.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.