That's a waste of time.
Don't leave your car unlocked. Don't leave your car keys by that by a door and no problems
Key Fob Faraday pouch. Probably less than $20 . Cheap protection. Now with high gain antennas the signal from a fob can be picked up practically anywhere in your house from outside. Or a Rottweiler, lol .

Key Fob Faraday pouch. Probably less than $20 . Cheap protection. Now with high gain antennas the signal from a fob can be picked up practically anywhere in your house from outside. Or a Rottweiler, lol .
Only if you're out and about
Remember the key fob sleeps after about 3 minutes or 5 minutes? I can't remember which

Only if you're out and about
Remember the key fob sleeps after about 3 minutes or 5 minutes? I can't remember which
Yes if they have an integrated motion sensor. Hopefully the C8 does. I don’t know yet. Apparently some that do are questionable and some stay active up to 30 minutes. Some info here.

Reactions: Vettenut
Yes if they have an integrated motion sensor. Hopefully the C8 does. I don’t know yet. Apparently some that do are questionable and some stay active up to 30 minutes. Some info here.
C8 key have motion sensors/ feature . At Ron Fellows we had to wake the keys every time we got in the cars.

Corvettes are among the least stolen of all vehicles (rate of theft per number of vehicles registered). The article doesn't specify what model years, but you have to figure C8s are likely the hardest to steal.

I'm only had mine since September, but I'll admit I'm a little worried about taking it on road trips, especially if I were to stay at a hotel overnight. I know tons of people do it so I shouldn't be concerned, but it's still something I think about. So I suppose the video was good news, in that there's not a glaring weakness in C8s like in Dodges or Toyotas.

Like 1st said a Faraday bag will take care of that.
The easiest way to steal a c8 is by breaking the window and plugging into the OBD port. But you have to disable the disabler which I'm assuming you can through the OBD port

Like 1st said a Faraday bag will take care of that.
The easiest way to steal a c8 is by breaking the window and plugging into the OBD port. But you have to disable the disabler which I'm assuming you can through the OBD port
Although of course you can’t in this country but it would be nice if you could have two good friends help you keep an eye on it. Mr. Smith and Mr Wesson .
Corvettes are among the least stolen of all vehicles (rate of theft per number of vehicles registered). The article doesn't specify what model years, but you have to figure C8s are likely the hardest to steal.

I'm only had mine since September, but I'll admit I'm a little worried about taking it on road trips, especially if I were to stay at a hotel overnight. I know tons of people do it so I shouldn't be concerned, but it's still something I think about. So I suppose the video was good news, in that there's not a glaring weakness in C8s like in Dodges or Toyotas.
Ya . I saw that article. Somewhat comforting.

Reactions: Vettenut
I never really thought about having my C8 stolen and always told the wife that it was extremely hard to steal

But if undesirables really want something they will find a way ... last resort ... they will just jack it while your at a stop light or movie theater

Just like mitch marner last year up the street from me at the cineplex

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
But if undesirables really want something they will find a way ... last resort ... they will just jack it while your at a stop light or movie theater

Just like mitch marner last year up the street from me at the cineplex
Not that easy either. When the car is locked the parking brake is on
So always lock and arm the car

Users who are viewing this thread